American contribution to the world

Are you naturaly obnoxious or do you have to work at it.

I respond like for like. When I see obnoxious bullying cretins spouting off I will challange them, if those obnoxious bullying cretins don't like it then they can go take a walk. If I described the whole of the US population as "ignorant xenophobic cretins", I don't doubt I would be attacked by people for stereotyping, at the very least. When I see the whole of the Russian people being stereotyped as 'Red Barbarians', strangely, I see stereotyping, bigotry and rascism.

Certain people on this thread, it appears, seem to think it is OK to insult and namecall yet burst into tears, and cry "foul!" when the people they have insulted retaliate, well tough! If you're not prepared to take it don't give it out.

I respond like for like. When I see obnoxious bullying cretins spouting off I will challange them, if those obnoxious bullying cretins don't like it then they can go take a walk. If I described the whole of the US population as "ignorant xenophobic cretins", I don't doubt I would be attacked by people for stereotyping, at the very least. When I see the whole of the Russian people being stereotyped as 'Red Barbarians', strangely, I see stereotyping, bigotry and rascism.

Certain people on this thread, it appears, seem to think it is OK to insult and namecall yet burst into tears, and cry "foul!" when the people they have insulted retaliate, well tough! If you're not prepared to take it don't give it out.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem by any chance? I've already told you once but I'll say it again. My reference to Red Barbarians was not directed at the ordinary Russian people but those who ruled and those who directed the Soviet regime. The ordinary Russian may have suffered even more under Soviet rule than he/she did under 3-1/2 years of Nazi occupation.

20 millions died in the war and maybe twice that number diied in Gulags or in front of firing squads under Stalin.

D.I.M.M.C Now?

Whose bursting into tears by the way :hihi:

Do you have a reading comprehension problem by any chance? I've already told you once but I'll say it again. My reference to Red Barbarians was not directed at the ordinary Russian people but those who ruled and those who directed the Soviet regime.

Really so

As it turned out the Red barbarians were a threat for another fifty years
doesn't mean what it says? And you claim English as your first language? Nice to see your grasp of English is as good as your grasp of WWII!

For your information, Transportstaffel 40 were equipped with Flettner Fi-282 Kolibri, the first helicopter in mass production derived from the Fi-265 it entered service in 1942. There was also the Focke Achgelis Fa-223 which again served with Transportstaffel 40 both types being used on land and ships the latter losing one aircraft in a rescue on Mount Blanc during the war and being used in ASW warfare. I do have a number of pictures of both of them, including a shot from the factory showing six Fi-282 waiting for transfer to Transportstaffel 40.

Really so doesn't mean what it says? And you claim English as your first language? Nice to see your grasp of English is as good as your grasp of WWII!

For your information, Transportstaffel 40 were equipped with Flettner Fi-282 Kolibri, the first helicopter in mass production derived from the Fi-265 it entered service in 1942. There was also the Focke Achgelis Fa-223 which again served with Transportstaffel 40 both types being used on land and ships the latter losing one aircraft in a rescue on Mount Blanc during the war and being used in ASW warfare. I do have a number of pictures of both of them, including a shot from the factory showing six Fi-282 waiting for transfer to Transportstaffel 40.

I watch the cable History Channel and the Military Channel at least once a week and have done for years. Never once yet in all the documentaries and newsreel footage about WW2 have I seen nor heard of any mention of a helicopter used by the German forces.

I have flown on a few choppers myself however :D

I watch the cable History Channel and the Military Channel at least once a week and have done for years. Never once yet in all the documentaries and newsreel footage about WW2 have I seen nor heard of any mention of a helicopter used by the German forces.

I have flown on a few choppers myself however :D

My bold, Ah, so that's what makes you an expert in the history of the helicopter in Germany?

Since you're the big expert tell me when and where they were used in the ETO and on the eastern front.

In October, 1942, two Fl 282 helicopters were delivered to Triest with their personnel, including Cpt. Claus von Vinterfeldt, Flettner's pilot Fuisting, other pilot (his name is unknown) and three technicians. Since November, 1942 until January/February, 1943, the first helicopter Fl 282 V6 GF+YF had been employed as the recco' craft over Aegean Sea, basing upon improvised helicopter carrier Kriegsmarine's minelayer "Drach" ("Schiff 50", ex-Yuogoslavian "Zmaj").

The second Fl 232 - CJ+SC was a reserve machine that stayed ashore.

If you want to learn more I suggest you do your own research. Try finding yourself a copy of Hitlers Luftwaffe by Tony Wood / Bill Gunston.

If you want to learn more I suggest you do your own research. Try finding yourself a copy of Hitlers Luftwaffe by Tony Wood / Bill Gunston.

From what I know of the Luftwaffe they had some first class fighters and all their bombers were crap.

Herman Goering mismanaged it and Hitler was stupid enough not to fire him

From what I know of the Luftwaffe they had some first class fighters and all their bombers were crap.

Herman Goering mismanaged it and Hitler was stupid enough not to fire him

All their bombers eh, never heard of the Ar-234 have we? or the He-274/277 or even the Ju-390 a plane with an endurance of 32 hours and which flew within twelve miles of New York. So your lack of knowledge of helicopters is only exceeded by your ignorance of their bombbers.

Archived