American contribution to the world

60's west coast Psychedelic music, California Sunshine, Owsley, The Dead and the first mass release of psychedelic drugs into the wild by the CIA; Paul Stamets and the domestication of psilocybe fungus, Alexander Shulgin and the rediscovery of Phenthylamines and Rick Strassman for kick starting psychedelic research after 40 years of silence.

Not just improvements in living standards, but improvements in being standards too.

Jelly Belly jelly beans

Cracker Jack which I'm sorry to say, is not nearly as good as it was when I was a child. Oh the joy of finding a faux emerald ring as the prize and being devastated when it fell apart by dinner time. :(

Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Magic Shell ice cream topping. Make it yourself. The difference from the nasty store bought stuff is worth it.

Kettle Corn. Not the microwave kind. I once stood in line at the California State Fair in Sacramento for almost an hour to get some kettle corn. They made it in a HUGE iron cauldron, the kind cartoon cannibals roast people in. It was being stirred over an open flame by a very cranky looking man using what looked like a not too clean oar from the Titanic. Needles to say, when I finally got to the front of the line, I bought a ginormous bag. I proceeded to munch on this all day while walking around in 100+ degree heat. Despite warnings from my husband asking me to, "please put down the damn popcorn and drink some water! Please!" I will spare you all the details, but I was not very well for the next 48 hours. I still like kettle corn, though. And it's half sister, caramel corn. Again, not the store bought kind. :gag:

Pecan Pie. This is my father's favorite pie on Thanksgiving. It's basically corn syrup, pecans and crust. Wiki says the french invented it, but pecans are native to North America. And putting whipped cream on it? Nooo. French vanilla ice cream. Also, I am addicted to these things.

MMMM.

60's west coast Psychedelic music, California Sunshine, Owsley, The Dead and the first mass release of psychedelic drugs into the wild by the CIA; Paul Stamets and the domestication of psilocybe fungus, Alexander Shulgin and the rediscovery of Phenthylamines and Rick Strassman for kick starting psychedelic research after 40 years of silence.

Not just improvements in living standards, but improvements in being standards too.

Well said, the golden era of popular music etc.

American contribution ,Peanutbutter :confused::gag:

How about......

Duke Ellington,Gershwins, Anka, Berlin, Rodgers & hart, Hammerstein, Kern, Cole porter, Hoagy Carmicheal , just to name a few who wrote the classics that have stayed with us for years, now that was songwriting

American contribution ,Peanutbutter :confused::gag:

How about......

Duke Ellington,Gershwins, Anka, Berlin, Rodgers & hart, Hammerstein, Kern, Cole porter, Hoagy Carmicheal , just to name a few who wrote the classics that have stayed with us for years, now that was songwriting

Not really my scene, but I'll give you Motown as a massive contribution.

Archived