Woodseats the nightmare continues

To be fair, that only says that per person, we are travelling at about the same rate that we were in

the mid 90's.

What it doesn't say is how many more people are actually making those trips.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Good point, will have to see if there's anything on number of journeys overall. Also, I'm not saying car ownership, traffic, parking etc isn't a problem per se. Just wondering if all the tinkering has actually made much improvement overall. I can totally see that there are some reall black spots, where residents are plagued by traffic noise and conjestion, but on the whole I suspect that many measures implemented have just made things bad elsewhere.

• 7 months later...

Just driven from Meadowhead to Carterknowle Lane ... journey time 43 mins!

At least I had the amusement of watching all the cars speeding down the left-hand lane down Meadowhead and then doing a U-turn in Morrisons to continue down Chesterfield Road. There seemed to be more cars doing this than actually waiting in the queue.

I'm glad I don't travel on this stretch of road very often.

At least I had the amusement of watching all the cars speeding down the left-hand lane down Meadowhead and then doing a U-turn in Morrisons to continue down Chesterfield Road. There seemed to be more cars doing this than actually waiting in the queue.

You would have been better off driving down Greenhill Avenue/Bocking Lane. I live just off Abbey Lane (Woodseats end) and I always go that way unless it's very quiet.

The trouble with Woodseats Traffic as i see it, it stems from the Bridge at Heeley bottom ever since they narrowed it and took the "two lanes in to town inthe morning" between 8 and 9-30 am then "two lanes back out 4-30 to 6-30" out. It has a kock on effect all the way to Woodseats.Put these lanes back get rid of some of the crossings(how can you have a crossing every 100yds in a quarter of a mile) take the shelterd parking bays out between 8 and 9-30am and 4-30 and 6-30 this lets traffic flow,it worked well before planner 1 and friends got there hands on it.

If someone from the Council actually monitored these lights they'd see the timings are totally wrong. At the times the bus lane isn't in operation which is all except the rush hours it's often quicker to do as you've described above.

(unless you're a pedestrian).

We're all pedestrians when we get out of the car, aren't we.

---------- Post added 01-11-2013 at 20:42 ----------

it worked well before planner 1 and friends got there hands on it.

No it didn't, as others have said. There were queues there as far as I can ever remember. It wasn't one of my schemes either.

Archived