Woodseats the nightmare continues

Get rid of the stupid bus lane and and a lot of it becomes 2 lanes coming down from Meadowhead to the lights .

I was thinking more about where the shops are, not much can be done there.

Agree on the removing of the bus lane down to the Abbey though, although keep that lane left turn only - that would get all the traffic turning left out of the main queue.

Get rid of the stupid bus lane and and a lot of it becomes 2 lanes coming down from Meadowhead to the lights .

There's one progressive council around now anyway: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-24606912

Can we sack SSC then and poach this Joe Anderson guy using their salaries?

Someone like him or coaxing Eric Pickles back to Yorkshire would be ideal to light the bonfire to radically overhaul the long-term mismanagement of the city.

---------- Post added 02-11-2013 at 17:02 ----------

Agree on the removing of the bus lane down to the Abbey though, although keep that lane left turn only - that would get all the traffic turning left out of the main queue.

I can't visualise the street that well, but is there not enough room running through to clip a bit off the pavements and squeze in a third lane that could flow towards town in the morning and away from it in the afternoon?

In my limited experience of the area, it's the ridiculous number and timing of the traffic lights that causes all the problems though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penistone999

There's one progressive council around now anyway: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-24606912

Can we sack SSC then and poach this Joe Anderson guy using their salaries?

Someone like him or coaxing Eric Pickles back to Yorkshire would be ideal to light the bonfire to radically overhaul the long-term mismanagement of the city.

---------- Post added 02-11-2013 at 17:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteowl

I can't visualise the street that well, but is there not enough room running through to clip a bit off the pavements and squeze in a third lane that could flow towards town in the morning and away from it in the afternoon?

In my limited experience of the area, it's the ridiculous number and timing of the traffic lights that causes all the problems though.

scc hate csrs and anything motorised so they lofe traffic lights and dangerously placed bus stoos to halt cars

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Yes Dan_Ashcroft, there is plenty of room to trim the ridiculously wide pavements and instate an extra lane. And remove some of the totally unneccessary crossings - and yes I often use the area as a pedestrian, but I'm not so lazy that I refuse to walk for more than about 5 seconds to reach a crossing!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

We're all pedestrians when we get out of the car, aren't we.

---------- Post added 01-11-2013 at 20:42 ----------

No it didn't, as others have said. There were queues there as far as I can ever remember. It wasn't one of my schemes either.

It got noticeably worse once your friends cocked it all up.

No amount of Sheffield road planners bleating that it's no worse will cut the mustard.

If you live up that way, which I and also plenty of friends do, you'd have noticed the extra amount of time it took getting to and from Sheffield after the "improvements ".

A total **** up.

I do think there need to be more crossing points as there simply aren't enough.

I almost got ran over today, I was on my phone, on a game and playing with myself whilst crossing the road when I heard a massive BEEP, and then got called a "stupid &^%^& " by the angry woman in the Astra.

I'd accidently wandered off the pavement and into the road. I think the council need to address this health and safety issue by installing more pelican crossings, or making the pavement wider to prevent this from happening

Archived