Question To the men.What is the most important quality in a woman?

For your purposes. I just looked it up in the dictionary and it means anything intended to cause amusement (that's a paraphrase). So if you'd like to refine your comment to 'women aren't very good at telling jokes that include a set up and a punchline' then I'll leave you to it.

I still think you're wrong, though. But that's probably because I have an allergy to lazy gender stereotyping.

Thats your privilege.

However I wouldn't like to refine my comment because it seems other people understand it. So it seems you're being sensitive about my "lazy gender stereotyping" because you thought I was saying women aren't funny when I wasn't saying that at all.

You mean we have to have more than one?:roll:

Seriously though it is important for us to be aware of our qualities and know what our weaknesses are so that we can work on them.

I'm surprised that the forum didn't provide you with numerous examples of this question, without starting a new thread, hasn't it been asked many times before?

And all you'll ever get is a load of thinly disguised .... erm ... you know :D And I love that you're trying to respond to the comments as though they're being offered in a genuine spirit. :D

I'd seriously not rely on a man's estimation of female qualities and weaknesses, espadrille, not if you really want to know :hihi:

Thats your privilege.

However I wouldn't like to refine my comment because it seems other people understand it. So it seems you're being sensitive about my "lazy gender stereotyping" because you thought I was saying women aren't funny when I wasn't saying that at all.

No, I still think that even with your definition of jokes its lazy gender stereotyping, and if other people agree with you then I think they're guilty of the same thing.

I can't think of one compelling reason why women can't effectively tell a joke with a set up and a punchline. The fact that the majority of female comedians choose to work in other ways might say more about the limitations of that style of comedy, perhaps?

I think I've probably established myself as sufficiently humourless now :D

To answer the OP. I really like women with Jessica23's sort of feistiness. Makes for a far more interesting time.

Nowt like a good debate over dinner.

Ah, Tony, You'll love the fact that I think feisty is often used as shorthand for has a brain and an opinion, which I'm sexist enough to think is uncommon in a woman, then, won't you?

Ah, Tony, You'll love the fact that I think feisty is often used as shorthand for has a brain and an opinion, which I'm sexist enough to think is uncommon in a woman, then, won't you?
Really thinks she should high-five Jessica23 :D

Very few male comedians tell jokes these days, though, do they? The last comedians I can remember telling jokes, were the old hands like Tarby and other old fogies. It's all observational and wit these days, thank god!

Ah, Tony, You'll love the fact that I think feisty is often used as shorthand for has a brain and an opinion, which I'm sexist enough to think is uncommon in a woman[/i], then, won't you?

Of course it means that. What's wrong with liking a woman's brain and opinion? I could have just said I like big tits and round arses.

No, I still think that even with your definition of jokes its lazy gender stereotyping, and if other people agree with you then I think they're guilty of the same thing.

I can't think of one compelling reason why women can't effectively tell a joke with a set up and a punchline. The fact that the majority of female comedians choose to work in other ways might say more about the limitations of that style of comedy, perhaps?

I think I've probably established myself as sufficiently humourless now :D

They either fail on the set up and have to change the set up along the way or they just completely forget the punch line.

They either fail on the set up and have to change the set up along the way or they just completely forget the punch line.
It's bad enough having to listen to men telling jokes, without our girlfriends starting as well. Wit is where it's at ...

Although we're WAYYYYYY off topic now. :o

Archived