Amazing new sharing menu @ The Wick at Both Ends

Good stuff! There'sw a table perfect for 8/9 people. It could be getting busy at that time on a friday, so i reccomend booking (0114 2723039)- or i can book it for you if you like?

x:love:x

awesome, will drop you a pm, thank you :)

x

• 2 weeks later...

blimming brilliant!

im so sorry i didnt post up sooner!

we filled in the review card too...not entirely sure i can remember what we wrote, but it was all good as far as i remember.

we all managed to order different things so there was a lot of sharing going on which was just perfect....especially when most of us struggled to get down to two dishes for us to take advantage of the drinks part of the offer! ;)

also recommended you on this thread here...and had to resist the urge to barge into a conversation i was earwigging to on the tram yesterday when two ladies were commenting about your being that the food fair and how you were supposed to have a really good tapas style menu! :o

x

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all,

Me and my girlfriend found ourselves with that familiar Friday problem where neither of us could decide what we wanted to chow down on; should we have fish and chips or chinese, pasta or salad, beef or chicken. Still with no decision we thought walk along West Street and something will jump out at us. We stumbled upon The Wick at Both Ends, we had been there before for a few drinks but never eaten.

The menu consisted of some brilliant, creative sharing dishes. This meant that we didnt have to make the decision of what to have as we could have a little bit of everything.

We ended up having 6 dishes between us, that included;

- Homemade Fish Fingers with minted pea sauce

- Chicken enchilada

- Pork and chorizo casserole (Girlfriends favourite!)

- Home smoked chicken salad with new potatoes

- Mini steak and ale pie and mini chicken and mushroom pie with gravy

- Ham Hock burger with poached egg (PERSONAL FAVOURITE!)

It was a lovely spread which left us stuck on the fashionable sofa's not able to move because we were so full for a good 40 mins. Two thumbs up for the wick at both ends.

We left with a bill that only racked up to £24 which included two cocktails which i thought was very resonable.

If ya fancied a look at the menu before going down i couldnt find a website but found their facebook page that has a few pictures on.

Happy eating

x

I popped in for the first time last week in the early evening and it was nice. Good selection of beers and the sharing menu looked good. The thing is, I can imagine the place getting quite busy in the evenings, especially at weekends and I'm not a fan of trying to eat in a crowded pub.

For an afternoon tipple and a bite though I'd certainly go back.

The thing is, I can imagine the place getting quite busy in the evenings, especially at weekends and I'm not a fan of trying to eat in a crowded pub.

we were worried about this when we went- friday early bar time.

but to be honest, it didnt really fill up till after we had eaten....and i suspect whilst the students are away and town is quieter, that may be the case for most of summer.

x

To celebrate all brainy students everywhere, we've got a super duper menu deal on next week (18th-22nd July)

Calamari

Goats Cheese Salad

Venison Carpaccio

---

Any Main, Salad or Burger

(£2 supplement for Sirloin Steak or Fish special)

---

Choice of Desserts

---

Glass of Prosecco, Beer or Soft Drink

2 Courses £12.95 - 3 Course £14.95

Available from 12-9pm Monday - Thurs, and til 6pm Friday

Oh, You don't have to be donning a cape...the offer is open to all...yeeehhaah!

If you're not up for a full on feast fear not, Wick n Mix is still feeding the decision torn sheffield massive!

x:love:x

Archived