Fitness First Hillsborough Closing

Fitness First, Hillsborough to close down

Date: 29/05/2011

Story submitted by: AnneSShare:

Health and fitness club, Fitness First on Penistone Road North is to close down at the end of June. Members are shocked at the news, many of whom have belonged to the gym since it opened in 1998.

Staff at Fitness First received dismissal notices on Friday. The gym will close at the end of June for refurbishment and re-open as a 24-hour gym, with hardly any staff, accessible by swipe card.

There will be no fitness classes and one member, Mary Walker, said, "I really enjoy the zumba and spin classes and I meet up with my friends for the combat class on a Saturday morning.

The hair and beauty salons have been given three weeks to find new premises and are said to be devastated by the news.

Fitness First, Hillsborough to close down

Date: 29/05/2011

Story submitted by: AnneSShare:

Health and fitness club, Fitness First on Penistone Road North is to close down at the end of June. Members are shocked at the news, many of whom have belonged to the gym since it opened in 1998.

Staff at Fitness First received dismissal notices on Friday. The gym will close at the end of June for refurbishment and re-open as a 24-hour gym, with hardly any staff, accessible by swipe card.

There will be no fitness classes and one member, Mary Walker, said, "I really enjoy the zumba and spin classes and I meet up with my friends for the combat class on a Saturday morning.

The hair and beauty salons have been given three weeks to find new premises and are said to be devastated by the news.

Not sure if FF are being taken over by the Pure Gym wave, or whether FF are changing their business model to replicate Pure Gym.

As far as I understand fitness classes were run by freelance instructors.

Far more business sense to run as a Pure Gym style centre.

Archived