Fitness First Hillsborough Closing

I have been a member at Ladyzone in Hbro for 2 years and its great. Used Fitness First before that but hardly ever went coz like someone else has said on here, i never really felt welcome / comfortable. its nice and friendly at LZ though and i go 3 times a week (lost 2 stone since I started, yay :hihi:)

I don't think they're really bothered about health and safety and the well-being of their members, just profit..

Unfortunatly, that is the only thing that counts.

Hence the reason that the majority of fitness members pay there fees, but never actually attend. I would reckon 85% of gym members never actually go to the gym

Unfortunatly, that is the only thing that counts.

Hence the reason that the majority of fitness members pay there fees, but never actually attend. I would reckon 85% of gym members never actually go to the gym

Absolutely. Anyone who works out on a regular basis will know the difference between January and March in the gym. January is packed with people who have either been given a membership for Christmas or have gotten one through a new year's resolution. By March most of these people have given up yet their memberships are still intact

Gyms need the 6 weekers (the January influx) to keep the gyms in business. The 6 weekers do not cause wear and tear on the machines, yet if it wasn't for the 6 weekers, the regular gym goers would have to pay far more in gym membership.

So in effect the people who sign up in January, and stop going by February are keeping the gym fees down for the people who do attend

I thought the Klick Fitness rate of £9.99 and no joining fee quite good until I found out that is was only if you were a founder member- that is currently a member of that fitness first gym. As an existing member of fitness first you would pay £9.99 for the first 12 months then it goes up.

If you are not a member of that fitness first gym it is £15.99 per month- no news on the joining fee.

So you might as well join Pure gym at £16.99/month - at least all the machines are brand new!

By the way you can get a free 2 week trial at Esporta at the moment

http://www.esporta.com/thetimes.aspx

Don't do the Boxfit class though it is pants

It'll be interesting to see if a 24 hour gym works in Hillsborough. I'm a member of pure gym and for experienced gym members, it is ideal as you're not always hassled and can get on with it. Personal trainers earn their own wage by getting there own clients and thus covering the gym floor at the same time. Only time will tell

• 2 weeks later...

Fitness Unlimited have a special offer for all Fitness First members. Join before 4th September and get 12 months for just £200 when you pay upfront (monthly equivilant of £16.66).

This is a saving of £112 off the 12 month contracted price and £70 off the annual upfront membership.

As a member of Fitness Unlimited you have access to swimming, gyms, fitness classes, athletics track and sauna & steam rooms across 5 venues in Sheffield. Visit our website for more information or for details about the offer call 0114 2233419.

Fitness Unlimited have a special offer for all Fitness First members. Join before 4th September and get 12 months for just £200 when you pay upfront (monthly equivilant of £16.66).

This is a saving of £112 off the 12 month contracted price and £70 off the annual upfront membership.

As a member of Fitness Unlimited you have access to swimming, gyms, fitness classes, athletics track and sauna & steam rooms across 5 venues in Sheffield. Visit our website for more information or for details about the offer call 0114 2233419.

What about looking after your existing members? Hillsborough is far too busy and the air con hasn't worked there for months.

My membership expires this month and I won't be re-newing.

Coming from a member of 3 years, I would avoid joining at Hillsborough. They also up the price midcontract without notice!

Archived