Realistically, Will Scotland get its independence?

Scotland may become independent but the sea bed around it for 12 miles out to sea is Crown owned and I doubt that independence as a country would change that. Any oil platforms or wave and wind powered generators within those waters would still pay their dues to the Crown and this country.

I feel that Scotland and her islands have more coastal waters than England, you are correct that the waters around Scotland are owned by the Crown, but the Crown is the government. Not sure that Westminster(The Crown) have invested into Oil exploration or even development, but feel that they can take taxes without any input.

I do not agree with independence, but feel we get a raw deal up here.

Why can we not have a motorway network like England has, and have dual carriageways paid for by North Sea Oil. If Westminster want the revenue from Scotland then they should give us the same services

I feel that Scotland and her islands have more coastal waters than England, you are correct that the waters around Scotland are owned by the Crown, but the Crown is the government. Not sure that Westminster(The Crown) have invested into Oil exploration or even development, but feel that they can take taxes without any input.

I do not agree with independence, but feel we get a raw deal up here.

Why can we not have a motorway network like England has, and have dual carriageways paid for by North Sea Oil. If Westminster want the revenue from Scotland then they should give us the same services

I don't feel you get a raw deal, you get 9 times the funding per head compared to anywhere else in the union, the crown would still have royal rights to profits from North Sea oil, this is a separate system to parliamentary rule, (and again I see this as wrong). As for improving the road system in Scotland, you want to see the state of the roads down here, bloody terrible, plus do you really want massive motorways to spoil some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK, I drive to the Trossacs on occasions, the last thing I'd like to see is some grubby dual carriageway going past Loc Lomond.:(

Archived