Quitting work to claim JSA

Where are people getting their information? It seems the fat bloke down the pub has been doing a lot of talking.

I know from experience that when I quit my job I claimed JSA succesfully untill I found work again.

I left my job last month and I have claimed constuctive dismissal due to the company changing my employment contract,I have got JSA after the dole looked into my claim.

Thing is if you leave without good reason you will NOT get JSA for 6 months.bottom line is you have to have a good reason to quit like me.

Where are people getting their information? It seems the fat bloke down the pub has been doing a lot of talking.

I know from experience that when I quit my job I claimed JSA succesfully untill I found work again.

Either you got lucky, someone made a mistake when assessing your entitlement, or you were economical with the truth about how you became unemployed (no offence intended if you were 100% honest about it!)

If you deliberately make yourself unemployed by leaving a job voluntarily you will (should) not receive JSA for a period of up to 6 months.

Kinda going off point a little bit, maybe, but what would happen to someone who HAD quit their job and couldn't go back. Would they be left with NOTHING, potentially forcing them onto the streets or to go hungry?

Guess a few people have had a very bad day and told their boss where to stick it without thinking it through.

Kinda going off point a little bit, maybe, but what would happen to someone who HAD quit their job and couldn't go back. Would they be left with NOTHING, potentially forcing them onto the streets or to go hungry?

Guess a few people have had a very bad day and told their boss where to stick it without thinking it through.

I believe they would be entitled to emergency/crisis payments. However this is a pittance of what JSA would be and will really only cover food and nothing else.

Archived