Quitting work to claim JSA

OP dont be demotivated because you dont like your job - think realistically, can you live on like 200 a month compared to your usual wage?? IF you was to walk out now I think you would find it very hard to get any benefits worth having and 6 months in a long time to go without a regular wage.

You can upload your cv to a cv library and apply online for jobs, keep searching and something will come along, keep that in mind when youre going bk to work everyday because at the end of the day it's a wage and right now, there is nothing stopping you from applying for other jobs, handing in CV's - just think it's a step forward to getting out of it, you won't need to stick at it much longer right?

It should if you voluntarily make yourself unemployed.:evil:

I may be wrong here, but I thought the time that you are ineligible for JSA after leaving your job voluntarily was 6 weeks, not 6 months. :confused:

Go and see your Doctor, and tell him the situation you are in, He probably will give you a sick note for a month and keep going back each month for another one, which gives you time to find something else.

That’s going to look good on your CV, months off work with “Work related stress”

I may be wrong here, but I thought the time that you are ineligible for JSA after leaving your job voluntarily was 6 weeks, not 6 months. :confused:

In certain cases, a claimant's Jobseeker's Allowance may be stopped. Those are:

Not being available for or actively seeking work, or not signing the Jobseeker's Agreement: if a claimant doesn't declare on the Jobseeker's Agreement that they're available for and actively seeking work, and sign it, the benefit will be suspended until the date that the claimant completes and signs the agreement. Once the agreement has been signed, a Decision Maker will decide how much of the claim should be backdated, if any.

Missing a Restart interview: the claim will be terminated unpaid, back benefit entitlement will be lost, and the claimant will need to make a new claim.

Voluntarily leaving work, or refusing a notified vacancy: temporary reduction or stoppage of benefit payment, known as a sanction. The sanction may be up to 26 weeks, and the length will be decided by an adjudicator. A notified vacancy is a job vacancy which the claimant has found out about from Job Centre Plus, who keep records of all the jobs their clients request information about.

Refusing to attend compulsory scheme, or failing to comply with Direction: sanction of two weeks for first 'offence', and four weeks for second and subsequent offences

People leaving work are treated as having made themselves voluntarily unemployed. This applies if you resign, walk out or are sacked for misconduct. It doesn't apply to redundancy, end of contracts or on medical grounds (which can include workplace stress), or where you can show good cause (e.g. unfair dismissal).

Otherwise you are automatically classed as voluntarily unemployed. Unless you can disprove it, you face a sanction of up to 26 weeks without any benefit at all. Your case is referred to an Adjudication Officer who decides if it's fair and, if so, how long the sanction applies for. They will write to your employers for their side of the story. During this period you will be on no benefit, or reduced benefit in cases of hardship

Archived