Who remembers the Corporation street baths

pedro1

We used to go there, from school, in the late 50s. No wonder I never learned to swim there it's looks barely big enough to swing a cat! We then switched to Upperthorpe baths - but I still didn't learn!

That's the most depressing map I've ever seen. How does the 'Brown Cow' (Riverside) survive all that?

I remember a firm, in steel I think, just down the road to the left of the 'Brown Cow' (Riverside), called Turners. Does it still survive in these changing times? I knew someone who worked in the offices.

I cant recall any of those names billhaley, like I say I was a kind of in and out drinker there too.

Can you remember some of the characters who went in the DRAM SHOP i.e. Lofty(with the very thick specks who lived in the doss house at Firvale) Chatty Jack the rag man.Mick Ashton,Bil Barnet,Johnny Nelson,Terry dempsey just to name a few.

I had forgotten most of them, but now recall Lofty, and certainly remember Terry. Do you recall Horace Bodkin who used to go down every year for a short while because he didn't pay his maintenance or some such? Ernest Gill (a maestro on the dart board0,Frank Kniveton, Ken Fletcher and Joe Llewellyn all people who were great to me when i was a snotty nosed kid. I remember the Judo, and the rabbit/hamsters group who showed there and I will never forget some of the wedding receptions!! Talk about binge drinking nowadays, you should have seen the state of some of the brides and grooms!!. The Harlequin as it now is has been beautifully done out and my hat off to the lady who has it. But there will never be a better pint than the old Ward's when looked after.

I had forgotten most of them, but now recall Lofty, and certainly remember Terry. Do you recall Horace Bodkin who used to go down every year for a short while because he didn't pay his maintenance or some such? Ernest Gill (a maestro on the dart board0,Frank Kniveton, Ken Fletcher and Joe Llewellyn all people who were great to me when i was a snotty nosed kid. I remember the Judo, and the rabbit/hamsters group who showed there and I will never forget some of the wedding receptions!! Talk about binge drinking nowadays, you should have seen the state of some of the brides and grooms!!. The Harlequin as it now is has been beautifully done out and my hat off to the lady who has it. But there will never be a better pint than the old Ward's when looked after.

Yes I remember them all.I can vouch for the good beer because of the many headaches I have had from going in there.

As we are in the area so to speak, can any of you guys or girls remember the name of the cafe near the end of Nursery St? I think Scotts had a barbers shop there as well and it was just past the Hare and Hounds(now derelict). A nice couple had it and I think they left to open up a cafe in Baslow.

As we are in the area so to speak, can any of you guys or girls remember the name of the cafe near the end of Nursery St? I think Scotts had a barbers shop there as well and it was just past the Hare and Hounds(now derelict). A nice couple had it and I think they left to open up a cafe in Baslow.

I can`t remember the name of the cafe but they did a great apple pie.Can you remember the name of the barbers shop before it was Scotts?

I used to go in scotts in the 70`s. I can`t remember it as anything else. My mates used to go in the one under the mucky duck as the girl in there had big t**s that would rub the back of your head. :)

I used to go in scotts in the 70`s. I can`t remember it as anything else. My mates used to go in the one under the mucky duck as the girl in there had big t**s that would rub the back of your head. :)

Tu viejo sucio.

Archived