Who remembers the Corporation street baths

pedro1

I was called Constantines and it was owned and run by two old brothers .They had the original equipment.

Was that the cafe or the barbers you are talking about? While I am on may I say thanks to greybeard for the photo of the baths.

Are you named after the jazz player by the way?

Talking about the barbers under the mucky duck I think it was called Barbettas at one time and I think he was from Spain or something and he also ran a football team in the Sunday Imperial League called New Barbetta and played himself, but if he was Spanish he was no artist on the ball and used to give me some stick.

Was that the cafe or the barbers you are talking about? While I am on may I say thanks to greybeard for the photo of the baths.

Are you named after the jazz player by the way?

Talking about the barbers under the mucky duck I think it was called Barbettas at one time and I think he was from Spain or something and he also ran a football team in the Sunday Imperial League called New Barbetta and played himself, but if he was Spanish he was no artist on the ball and used to give me some stick.

Constantines was the barbers.Kidorry was just a name that came to mind.I have a photo of the Manchester ,as was, during the time you was there.

Constantines was the barbers.Kidorry was just a name that came to mind.I have a photo of the Manchester ,as was, during the time you was there.

thanks for that info,and it would be good if anyone can remember the cafe's name. If you can send me a copy of the photo that would be much appreciated. My mum's face when she first saw the dramshop was a picture, as we had come from a quiet market town. But virtually everyone made us welcome and tough as they were you rarely heard a swear word when mum was behind the bar.

thanks for that info,and it would be good if anyone can remember the cafe's name. If you can send me a copy of the photo that would be much appreciated. My mum's face when she first saw the dramshop was a picture, as we had come from a quiet market town. But virtually everyone made us welcome and tough as they were you rarely heard a swear word when mum was behind the bar.

Got the photo on photo bucket but I have forgotten how to get it onto the forum.That`s age for you.I will keep trying.

The cafe`s name was Rip Van Winkles.

• 2 years later...
Yes I remember them all.I can vouch for the good beer because of the many headaches I have had from going in there.

Im looking for some information about A Joseph Ernest Gill but he might have only gone by Ernest do u have any more information about him pls might be the same person?

I had forgotten most of them, but now recall Lofty, and certainly remember Terry. Do you recall Horace Bodkin who used to go down every year for a short while because he didn't pay his maintenance or some such? Ernest Gill (a maestro on the dart board0,Frank Kniveton, Ken Fletcher and Joe Llewellyn all people who were great to me when i was a snotty nosed kid. I remember the Judo, and the rabbit/hamsters group who showed there and I will never forget some of the wedding receptions!! Talk about binge drinking nowadays, you should have seen the state of some of the brides and grooms!!. The Harlequin as it now is has been beautifully done out and my hat off to the lady who has it. But there will never be a better pint than the old Ward's when looked after.

Im looking for some information about A Joseph Ernest Gill but he might have only gone by Ernest do u have any more information about him pls might be the same person?

Archived