Limo or nice car for wedding

Mercury Taxis do wedding cars, they are nothing super flashy, just a nice smart Merc, Audi or BMW, and the drivers dress smart.... better than a normal smelly mini-cab! I doubt they are very expensive, I have just rang them for a quote cos I refuse to pay a lot for it, its just transport for me!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeti, did you ever get a quote for one of the Mercury cars?

it sounds like just the thing I'm after to take me and the bridesmaides to the venue. Just want something clean and comfy that we can sit comfortably in. No one is going to see it so don't want to pay a fortune for some of the fancier wedding cars!

• 1 month later...

Hey Yeti, Dark Moomin,

Did you get a quote from Mercury? A family friend is picking me up in a vinatge car but don't feel comfortable asking him to pick up my fiance and his entourage, meaning two runs, from the other side of the city. We didn't think of this before and have no money in the budget to cover in. Looking for something for 5 people and very cheap (hopefully he won't have to get a bus to his own wedding!).

Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...
And if you need something for 5 people, Mercury Taxis have their Hackney carriages, which are available in other colours than black for the occassion.

Oh that's interesting! was thinking i might need 5.

Tho £50 seems steep for that journey! we'll be doing city centre to Wentworth Castle!

Or anyone else any suggestions for places to hire nice (but not necessarily very flashy) exec utive cars to take 5 of us to the ceremony. No one is going to see us so just have to be clean and big enough to be comfortable in wedding dress and biresmaid get up etc!

Yeti, did you ever get a quote for one of the Mercury cars?

it sounds like just the thing I'm after to take me and the bridesmaides to the venue. Just want something clean and comfy that we can sit comfortably in. No one is going to see it so don't want to pay a fortune for some of the fancier wedding cars!

Sorry not been on here since the big day...It was £50. They were very good. Arrived very early but told us just to take our time and were happy to wait. Also he was happy to drive round the village to delay while the stragglers arrived so that I wouldn't be arriving before the latecomers.

Archived