Coach holiday memories.

Thanks for the scan hillsbro, I did that trip a few times in the early 60's, I am sure the first time was in a DC3 and then the 748...
Yes - Skyways had three DC3s as well as five 748s. At various times they flew to Lyon, Tours and other places. An accident at Lympne in 1965 due to the nose-wheel of a 748 digging into the grass runway during a heavy landing didn't help the airline (the 'plane was a write-off but there were no serious injuries) and Skyways folded in 1971.

• 5 years later...
7 hours ago, Kidorry said:

My first coach trip was to Cleethorpes with the Manor Club in the late 40s. Fish and chip dinner with a sweet in the Victoria restaurant, and tokens to spend in Wonderland. Great.

Yes I remember my coach trips to Cleethorpes with the local Working Mens Club,

how we use to look forward to them because it was the only holiday we had.

I went recently and feeling nostalgic  I had a look for the Victoria  Cafe but it looks as though it has been demolished.

As for vicDs post,  I never knew anyone who went out of the UK for holidays in the 60s, it must have been the more well off.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember as youngsters, before the war, how much we looked forward to the Sheffield Lane Top working man's club children's annual outing. We went by coach usually to Bridlington, Cleethorpes & occasionally Blackpool. We were given pop & sandwiches to eat & a very generous half crown to spend.