Iridium flare tonight.

Want to see a satellite flash right in front of your eyes? Look west 25degs above horizon at 10:43 and 50sec tonight! Its an iridium flare and its a rare but brilliant sight!

What you will see is an intense burst of light, brighter than any star in the sky from a sattelite, as it spins, you will see the flash as sunlight reflects off it's solar panel array.

Very interesting! I love anything like this, thanks for letting us know!

We have a little Home from Home down on the North Cornwall coast. There is very little light polution down there and in the summer months we often lay on the lawns after sunset and watch the satellites drifting across overhead, loads of shooting stars as well. :)

This has just answered a question I was about to post; saw a very bright light, direction from where I live near Gleadless common was; looking out towards Nether Edge direction; the light appeared to be incredibly bright, as the intensity of the light faded it disappeared after about 30 seconds. Happened sometime before eleven; I've seen these on several occasions over the last few months, & wondered if they were satellites. Thanks:D:D

Has he got his CET, GMT, and BST all mixed up I wonder.

Next one at 23:53 CET, what's that on Planet Sheffield?

23:53CET is 22:53 here, assuming that CET is on summer time and I believe it is.

Has Jabberwocky inserted a typo into his original post and sent everybody off by ten minutes?

23:53CET is 22:53 here, assuming that CET is on summer time and I believe it is.

So at 22:47 when I posted "didn't see owt", I really needed to be stood by the window for another 6 mins?

:hihi:

Archived