What makes Sheffield Forum so popular?

SF's so popular cos people on here love to disagree/argue, whether who's got the best car, most money, biggest house etc etc etc it goes on forever, some people thrive on being tough from behind a screen and 'giving it some' ...... saying that there's lots of nice pleasant people too - just like me !!

SF's so popular cos people on here love to disagree/argue, whether who's got the best car, most money, biggest house etc etc etc it goes on forever, some people thrive on being tough from behind a screen and 'giving it some' ...... saying that there's lots of nice pleasant people too - just like me !!

No argument there, it is me = Fact. :)

It's the great characters too many to mention them all but their eminences Manofstrad, Alcoblog and Rampent spring to mind and the inimitable Rossyrooney and Curriechick, my friends Patti, Rich, Sparkler, Hennypenny and Steelhead from forum meet and last but not least my cousin Joto

Well I know MOS is good natured but some people keep calling him Phil so I got confused:huh:

There was a rumour started by someone from Sheff Chat that Manofstrad and LDeville were duplicate accounts of each other.

I don't believe it, besides, MOS doesn't post stuff as FACT like LDeville did.

It's the great characters too many to mention them all but their eminences Manofstrad, Alcoblog and Rampent spring to mind and the inimitable Rossyrooney and Curriechick, my friends Patti, Rich, Sparkler, Hennypenny and Steelhead from forum meet and last but not least my cousin Joto

Aw you count me as a friend? Even though I didn't send you a Christmas card? That's nice! :D

PM or email your address and I'll send one next time :P

There was a rumour started by someone from Sheff Chat that Manofstrad and LDeville were duplicate accounts of each other.

I don't believe it, besides, MOS doesn't post stuff as FACT like LDeville did.

Can you prove that Rich? Why did you feel the need to drag Sheff Chat into this?

For me, the answer is easy. Us Sheffield folk are more sociable than any other city in the country, possibly the entire planet. Is there a more active city based forum anywhere else? I haven't seen one.

We also welcome people from outside the city with open arms (most of the time). 1Most of the time, it doesn't matter if it someone's first post or 20,000 post. A lot of us spend the same amount of time reading it and reply to it as only us Sheffielders can :)

SF is established, LF is in its infancy, it is the same format just give it time.:)

There is no format/formula that guarantees a successful forum.

It's the members that make any forum.

For example if you go to forums that are games related, you will find members that play the game the forum is designed for.

Sheffield forum is designed for the people of Sheffield, the success of the forum is down to the Sheffielders desire to whinge/whine/moan/groan/snoop/pry/spy/backstab/insult/ridicule and gossip.

Archived