What makes Sheffield Forum so popular?

I'm very new to this forum, but have already encountered one remedial hurling the insults and abuse at me. I didn't wish to join a forum with a political agenda, but I find this one to be just left of Lenin.

I am taking great care as to where I tread, I find the history section far less intimidating than other sections, the Sheffield football section is so Machiavellian that I intend to steer well clear of it.

I suppose that success bring with it it's own problems, but that has nothing to do with the likes of me, if I can find some enjoyment in being a member I will continue to post, if I don't I will cease to post.

It's got worse over the last year or so and doesn't seem no where near as busy as it was in it's prime, the place has lost a lot of very good users because of the sad acts which are trolls, who have nothing better to do than spoil thread after thread.

Sad but true....

If the site had 140,000 versions of you, Sheffield would quickly run out of rope.

I'm very new to this forum, but have already encountered one remedial hurling the insults and abuse at me. I didn't wish to join a forum with a political agenda, but I find this one to be just left of Lenin.

I am taking great care as to where I tread, I find the history section far less intimidating than other sections, the Sheffield football section is so Machiavellian that I intend to steer well clear of it.

I suppose that success bring with it it's own problems, but that has nothing to do with the likes of me, if I can find some enjoyment in being a member I will continue to post, if I don't I will cease to post.

Wake me up when you finish.

I welcome all comers to the debate. To be honest its the varied views and opinions that makes the forum what it is. Good to check in from time to time and have a ramble.

Has anyone checked out Leeds forum by the way? god thats a depressing place!

There is no format/formula that guarantees a successful forum.

It's the members that make any forum.

For example if you go to forums that are games related, you will find members that play the game the forum is designed for.

Sheffield forum is designed for the people of Sheffield, the success of the forum is down to the Sheffielders desire to whinge/whine/moan/groan/snoop/pry/spy/backstab/insult/ridicule and gossip.

You've been on for 3 years so it can't be that bad or do you whinge/whine/moan/groan/snoop/pry/spy/backstab/insult/ridicule and gossip:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

A lot of people have given up on the footy section as for the rest, surely the forum is big enough for people to find something interesting while managing to avoid those that they don’t want to talk to, failing that but them on ignore.

Archived