Did you apply for Olympic Tickets?

applied for two events @ £48 each but been charged £54 so no idea what I've got

From what I've heard I think that'll be a £48 ticket and £6 postage.

Personally, I think it seemed like a stupid system and didn't bother applying myself! Unfortunately the disorganisation over tickets might be a sign of things to come at the Olympics...

The system does seem a little strange, but I guess they wanted to avoid a first come first served system that would have given an advantage to certain groups of people.

whereas that of course doesn't happen with a ballot where rich people can put in £1000s to ensure they get something:hihi:

I heard that, although you could technically be debited for tickets up to the 10th of June, if you haven`t had any money taken by Tuesday (the 31st of May) "you`re unlikely to get any tickets".

Does anyone know if that`s true ?

I have to say that, having applied for £2500 worth of tickets, if I don`t get any at all I`ll be pretty annoyed. I accept that I went for the tickest which would be most in demand (i.e. the cheapest two price bands for the Athletics and Swimming finals), but even so, I feel a bit of mathematics is in order.

The Olympic stadium holds 80,000, the swimming pool holds 17,500 spectators.

I applied for 5 nights [2 tickets per night] of Athletics and 7 nights of swimming, that`s 24 tickets in all, out of a potential 522,500 seats (all prices).

If I don`t get any, that begs the question, how many seats (in the bottom 2 price bands) were actually available ? ! ? And let`s just remember, these weren`t "cheap" tickets in the normal sense of the word, up to £150 each, and that`s not cheap.....

Heard on the radio this morning that someone had £11,000 taken out of his account in respect of Olympic tickets - hardly seems fair does it. Then again I bet the blokes pretty gutted too :hihi:

Heard on the radio this morning that someone had £11,000 taken out of his account in respect of Olympic tickets - hardly seems fair does it. Then again I bet the blokes pretty gutted too :hihi:

That's the thing isn't it? It's not about sport, it's about getting their hands on other on other peoples' money.

I heard that, although you could technically be debited for tickets up to the 10th of June, if you haven`t had any money taken by Tuesday (the 31st of May) "you`re unlikely to get any tickets".

Does anyone know if that`s true ?

I have to say that, having applied for £2500 worth of tickets, if I don`t get any at all I`ll be pretty annoyed. I accept that I went for the tickest which would be most in demand (i.e. the cheapest two price bands for the Athletics and Swimming finals), but even so, I feel a bit of mathematics is in order.

The Olympic stadium holds 80,000, the swimming pool holds 17,500 spectators.

I applied for 5 nights [2 tickets per night] of Athletics and 7 nights of swimming, that`s 24 tickets in all, out of a potential 522,500 seats (all prices).

If I don`t get any, that begs the question, how many seats (in the bottom 2 price bands) were actually available ? ! ? And let`s just remember, these weren`t "cheap" tickets in the normal sense of the word, up to £150 each, and that`s not cheap.....

They had 20 million ticket requests. I expect most of them were for the 500,000 seats you mentioned.

Archived