Did you apply for Olympic Tickets?

I suppose one of the things that really annoys me about this whole Olympic tickets thing is that I`m potentially spending quite large amounts of money, yet I, as the customer, is expected to feel grateful when I`m actually able to do so ! That goes agaist all my inbuilt instincts....... It`s not right !

And just to make matters worse, I, as a tax payer, am also subsidising the Olympics, at least I thought I was !

What I really can't get my head around are the people that are saying "Oh we've got tickets for X event - we didn't want those".... :loopy:

I agree completely the system was way beyond ideal, but surely they can only potentially allocate you tickets that YOU applied for.

yes thats correct they wouldn't allocate you anything you hadn't requested

I suppose one of the things that really annoys me about this whole Olympic tickets thing is that I`m potentially spending quite large amounts of money, yet I, as the customer, is expected to feel grateful when I`m actually able to do so ! That goes agaist all my inbuilt instincts....... It`s not right !

And just to make matters worse, I, as a tax payer, am also subsidising the Olympics, at least I thought I was !

Its funny in a kind of banging your head against the desk kind of way!:hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, how absolutely splendid ! Those of us who were unsuccessful in trying to get any Olympic tickets will have first dibs on some more they`ve got for sale !

I feel so grateful to the Olympic organisers for giving me this opportunity, I`d go on, but I`m actually overcome with emotion.

Question.

How come they`ve got some more to sell when we didn`t get them the first time ?

Answer.

Because they`re for all the events which people didn`t even bother applying for, i.e. tickets they didn`t even manage to sell.

So there`s no chance of any of the tickets you actually wanted ?

No.

Is it true a high percentage of the tickets people actually want, went to "sponsors" ?

Yes, and by the way, taxpayers don`t count as sponsors.

So, not quite so spiffing then ?

Well, now you come to mention it, no it isn`t.......

Went for athletics, basketball, BMX and some football. Looks like I got some tickets for the football, the ones where you pay the age of your kids rather than the full price - e.g. if your kid is 8 the ticket is £8.

I think the games should be free for everyone

It is free to everyone; it’s just the people that want the hassle of going to each event that have to pay, if you want to sit in comfort, and watch the events at a time of your choosing then the free option is the best option. Just think of the problems that would be caused if a million people just turned up to the stadium to watch an event that only had ten thousand seats.

Archived