Maternity grant unfair

If it's JSA you are claiming, you're only entitled so long as you are really seeking work.

Personally I don't mention anything negative at an interview, it's just not clever. I could tell them that I only like working my set hours, that I'll bill them for anything that goes over, that I have commitments in the evenings and weekends that are more important to me than work and that I'll leave if I ever get a better offer. But why would I? I want them to hire me, once I'm on board is the time to make those things clear (well, not the bit about leaving).

A friend off mine got a job at a Merchant bank as a programmer/analyst he didn't mention that he was a Type 1 Diabetic. One day his manager came into the break room to see him injecting insulin and asked what he was doing. He explained he was injecting Insulin because of his Diabetes and was then questioned why he had not mentioned it at the interview. He explained that it was irrelevent to his job and, by law, should not be considered when making a decision about his employment. Less than a month later his employment was terminated, for 'unpecified' reasons and was told he would not be given a reference. He went to see a solicitor and was told the bank was within the letter of the law, if not the spirit. I'm not going to create an upheavel in my childrens life so some employer can do the same to me. So I mention it at interview. If they can't see beyond it then I don't really want to work for them. I'm not on JSA, I'm on income support, as I'm a single parent. I don't HAVE to look for work as part of my benefits but I do still keep looking.

I would love to if I could find an employer offering that option. Working for a school seems to be the only employer I've found offering that option.

I know a few people that work term time only and none of them work for a school.

The majority of employers are now becoming much more flexibile for it's staff.

A friend off mine got a job at a Merchant bank as a programmer/analyst he didn't mention that he was a Type 1 Diabetic. One day his manager came into the break room to see him injecting insulin and asked what he was doing. He explained he was injecting Insulin because of his Diabetes and was then questioned why he had not mentioned it at the interview. He explained that it was irrelevent to his job and, by law, should not be considered when making a decision about his employment. Less than a month later his employment was terminated, for 'unpecified' reasons and was told he would not be given a reference. He went to see a solicitor and was told the bank was within the letter of the law, if not the spirit. I'm not going to create an upheavel in my childrens life so some employer can do the same to me. So I mention it at interview. If they can't see beyond it then I don't really want to work for them. I'm not on JSA, I'm on income support, as I'm a single parent. I don't HAVE to look for work as part of my benefits but I do still keep looking.
Why not just go onto JSA then? If you are seeking work anyway?

#1 The breakroom is a inapropriate place to do that.

#2 Why not go to the toilet and do it where he can't be seen, but i feel your friend has been neglegent he should have declared his situation for his own well being .

Why not go and inject yourself in probably the least hygienic place in the entire building... Let me think about that one.

Not telling your employer about health problems that have no impact on your working life is not negligence.

#1 The breakroom is a inapropriate place to do that.

#2 Why not go to the toilet and do it where he can't be seen, but i feel your friend has been neglegent he should have declared his situation for his own well being .

Which is exactly the kind of ignorance that made him keep quiet about it.

I have a health issues, when I am on a job which can be on various sites, I make it known what the problem is I have should I be taken ill, which can and has happened .The reason I let people know is that they can get me the help I require should I need it . I am responsible for my own well being and side stepping the issue by not informing people that should know should i need help is irresponsible especially if your working on machinery. INGNORANCE, I don’t think so. As for sticking a hypo in your arm or whatever part of your body without at least having the courtesy of informing your employer is.

Why not just go onto JSA then? If you are seeking work anyway?
because if your on is you dont have to be classed as actively seeking work (no wonder theres thousands on it ). if he was on jsa he could be classed as not actively seeking work because of barriers he is creating in not getting a job ie (single parent)?. he would then be threatened with losing some of his money because of this(so he should). he knows how to play the system and is working it to his advantage like thousands like him . i wonder in what capacity he does voluntary work ?

We aren't talking about someone who used machinery are we! And dependant on the severity of the diabetes it might be entirely unnecessary to tell your employer.

If your injecting insulin then it's quite severe.So what happens if you lapse into a coma and no-one knows the cause, then what.

Archived