Maternity grant unfair

Ignore the idiots who say don't have kids till you can afford them.

Bread and dripping!

These people are destroying the state by producing too few taxpayers, expecting to retire for 30 years, perhaps whilst still claiming child benefit.

Breed healthy babies whilst your young and can look after them, albeit it in relative poverty.

Why should you get help with babies? Your choice to have a baby and if you are unable to afford the child why have you gone in for it? Like all these that have babies and then start screaming about child care and nursery prices. "I have to go back to work to pay the mortgage" But didnt you have a mortgage before you was pregnant, do you want a baby to be a mother or is just the fact you can say I have a child. All these things should be considered before the pregnancy.

Bread and dripping!

These people are destroying the state by producing too few taxpayers, expecting to retire for 30 years, perhaps whilst still claiming child benefit.

Breed healthy babies whilst your young and can look after them, albeit it in relative poverty.

Sort of off topic a bit but you mentioning having healthy babies whilst young and able to look after them reminded me of a programme I watched last week, to old to have a baby.

People were putting off having babies until they were 40+ and in a more secure financial state, only they were putting them and their babies at a big risk with medical complications.

I am gobsmacked at some comments on here about people who should not have kids.

Who are you to play God?

Do you think that your tax money doesn't go towards anything else?

And there is never a 'right' time to have kids.

You bring them up with what you have.

If you get a tenner a week, they will cost you a tenner a week.

But you gotta admit that if you got a grand a week, they would cost you a grand a week as well!

I grew up in an extremely happy home, but we never had a spare penny and my mom used to have to make our clothes etc.

Me personally, I would prefer to be poor, but happy rather than rich and sad.

Make of this what you want.

I'm happy with my hubby, 2 little boys and no extra pennies. :)

Sort of off topic a bit but you mentioning having healthy babies whilst young and able to look after them reminded me of a programme I watched last week, to old to have a baby.

People were putting off having babies until they were 40+ and in a more secure financial state, only they were putting them and their babies at a big risk with medical complications.

The amount of women not having babies is really high in this country, and those have at a late age is also really high.

Yet the media casts young mothers in a bad light.

As a nation we are putting off raising children to pay taxes and high rent to our lords.

It is complete madness.

People should be having children in their twenties.

My partner is due to give birth over the next couple of weeks.

We are both nearly 40 years old and have waited until we are in a financially secure enough position to have children without further burdening the state.

I personally think it is unfair to expect automatic handouts just because people are pregnant.

Part of the reason we are in such a financial mess at the moment is because people have been prepared to take easy money from the State system when perhaps they should have been exercising a little self control.

Fair enough; there are people who genuinely need financial support but it makes me boil when it is just expected and accepted.

Good post. It's all down to responsibility, if you want something then you work for it and pay for it, it's not up to the State system to provide.

Bread and dripping!

Or maybe where destroying the state my producing the next genetation of benefit claimants

Archived