Maternity grant unfair

most of em have babies and still work palming em off to someone else, like having a pet dog!! ridiculous, if u want a baby stay at home and look after it!

now that's just plain silly, must be a very very very very very small number of families who can afford for Mum or Dad to stay home and look after the kids all day, also how very old fashioned.

We have somthing now called work/life ballance.

Why should you get help with babies? Your choice to have a baby and if you are unable to afford the child why have you gone in for it? Like all these that have babies and then start screaming about child care and nursery prices. "I have to go back to work to pay the mortgage" But didnt you have a mortgage before you was pregnant, do you want a baby to be a mother or is just the fact you can say I have a child. All these things should be considered before the pregnancy.

I agree, having a child is a lifetime commitment not just like buying a particular brand of car because everyone else has one.

The amount of women not having babies is really high in this country, and those have at a late age is also really high.

Yet the media casts young mothers in a bad light.

As a nation we are putting off raising children to pay taxes and high rent to our lords.

It is complete madness.

People should be having children in their twenties.

Suppose it's when it's right for you as a family, within reason. I mean when you think about women starting families in their late 40's etc does this not burden the NHS with medical extra's?

Suppose it's when it's right for you as a family, within reason. I mean when you think about women starting families in their late 40's etc does this not burden the NHS with medical extra's?

Yes it does. The menopause is there for a reason.

The risks of having babies with defects when your old increases quite a lot as women near the menopause.

Women are not designed to have babies in old age. (35+)

my mum had 5 kids never worked, brought us all up, my dad worked 7 days a week to provide for us, never hurt any of us and we were brought up knowing right from wrong, mum never palmed us off to anyone and they didnt get a penny from the state - there was less trouble back then also and kids were far more respectful - shame it cant be like that again!!

Or maybe where destroying the state my producing the next genetation of benefit claimants

1 man working 40 hours a week in the factory produces enough food for 300.

He must put himself on a waiting list for an allotment, (there a far fewer allotments today than there were in the past, and allotments are very LAND efficient for food production).

Or fight it out with the economic migrants for a minimum wage job in the food factory.

The factories are just too god damn efficient! And the owners of those factories have a hold on the proles.

I'm on incapacity, as I do have an incurable illness, very poorly some days, but I pay for all my dental treatment, and dont get any help towards anything, and your born with teeth, so why should I expect help towards that, people choose to give birth.

my mum had 5 kids never worked, brought us all up, my dad worked 7 days a week to provide for us, never hurt any of us and we were brought up knowing right from wrong, mum never palmed us off to anyone and they didnt get a penny from the state - there was less trouble back then also and kids were far more respectful - shame it cant be like that again!!

That's in the days when people expected to accept responsibility for their choices, if you had kids you looked after them however hard up you were, no hand-outs.

Archived