Maternity grant unfair

Some people are like that yeah and that I don't agree with, but both parents can work the week between them in some cases and share the child care between them and have family time at weekends.

Work/life balance, if you have kids your entering into a family, and both Mum and Dad should be involved, not just Mum stay home and Dad work all hours god sends and kids see nothing of him, how do the bond with him? I think kids bonding with Dad's is very very important.

My husband can do everything, change nappies, do bottles etc, some men don't and I find that very sad, you could say why have a baby and then palm it off on mother.

I'm all for equality in the home, children learn to respect both parents equally for taking care of them.

Gone are the days when the mother said, "Wait till your dad gets home", things should be shared between both parents whether that be in the home or outside work.

laineyiow - thats all she did get!! she got nothing else i know for a fact, my dad worked 7 days a week to provide for us, thats what i said originally - did us no harm!

We got child allowance for our second child, I was embarrassed to receive it because it felt like a state handout.

I'm all for equality in the home, children learn to respect both parents equally for taking care of them.

Gone are the days when the mother said, "Wait till your dad gets home", things should be shared between both parents whether that be in the home or outside work.

Agreed. Both a Mum and Dad are important. Be that helping with homework, reading, cooking the meals, cleaning etc. Gone are the days were Mum's stay in all day cleaning and baking. Dad's get involved now, or they should do.

can i get a grant for a kitten?

No! If you can't afford one you shouldn't buy one. Besides, there are too many of the flea bags in this country anyway! Soon the entire country will be living on a carpet of cat muck! Filthy little things!

i bet you spent it on the kids too, not on fags and booze!!

We get Child benefit and my kids don't go without, always make sure they have what ever they need, though I understand where your coming from as many people do have kids for the benefits for fags etc, whilst their kids go scruffy, hate to see that.

Archived