Maternity grant unfair

yes when people become agoraphobic after having children but if you are agoraphobic you shouldn't decide to have them because its not fair on the child.

I'd agree on that, but I'm just using for examples, there must be people out there for what ever reason can not work but would still make great parents and who is anyone to tell them that they can't have a family? What I'm getting at is there are people who through no fault of their own need financial help and will always need financial help and who is anyone to play god and say that person can't have children, I wouldn't like to be the person that took that away from them.

Everyone should have the right to start a family!

If clearly from the get go the parents expect the state to pay for its upbringing of the child. Which clearly there are people that do expect that, then im not sure they do. Starting a family is a lifestyle choice and not a god given right.

There are many things in life that id like but i wouldn't expect the state to go pay for them.

I'd agree on that, but I'm just using for examples, there must be people out there for what ever reason can not work but would still make great parents and who is anyone to tell them that they can't have a family? What I'm getting at is there are people who through no fault of their own need financial help and will always need financial help and who is anyone to play god and say that person can't have children, I wouldn't like to be the person that took that away from them.

who can't work but is a great parent? irrelevant of financial help. There are certain things you need to be a good parent and the ability to look after your children is one of them. If you can look after children then I can't think of a reason why you would not be able to work. Looking after children is physically and mentally demanding!

who can't work but is a great parent? irrelevant of financial help. There are certain things you need to be a good parent and the ability to look after your children is one of them. If you can look after children then I can't think of a reason why you would not be able to work. Looking after children is physically and mentally demanding!

Well my husband can't work at the moment, does that make him a bad parent?

Well my husband can't work at the moment, does that make him a bad parent?

at the moment implies that when he had kids that probably wasn't the case so thats different. If there is another parent that can look after the kid then again thats different.

Also you just said you couldn't think of an example now your husband is one?

If clearly from the get go the parents expect the state to pay for its upbringing of the child. Which clearly there are people that do expect that, then im not sure they do. Starting a family is a lifestyle choice and not a god given right.

There are many things in life that id like but i wouldn't expect the state to go pay for them.

Give people allotments when they get married.

The state restricts peoples ability to grow their own food and to live in a property. The state has a duty to its citizens.

Having children is essential. The state should not stop people from having children.

The state doesn't restrict their ability to grow food, their ability to buy land to grow food restricts their ability to grow food.

You might as well argue that the state restricts my ability to drive a Ferrari because they won't give me one for free.

The state shouldn't stop people having children, but the opposite of restriction is not support, it's freedom. The state should not be obliged to support people who have children irresponsibly.

Archived