How do I tell if a Louis Vuitton bag is fake or real?

On our last visit to Britain in 2007 we stopped at a rest area just outside of Manchester.

There was a guy driving around the parking lot stopping people and asking them if they wanted to buy genuine Gucci clothing which he had piled up in the back seat of his car.

His story was that he was Italian and he was in Manchester for only a few hours.

If the clothes were genione Gucci then I'm the emperor of China and as for being Italian he couldn't understand a simple sentence spoken to him by my wife's sister-in-law who is Italian-American.

I have been helping a friend have a clear out for a car boot and we have come across a Louis Vuitton (Trunks & Bags) beige bag and a Chloe leather bag. I don't have a clue how to tell if its real or fake. Can anyone help me out or tell me where I can take it to see if it's real?

Thanks

There are loads of fake bags around at the moment, especially the fake Chloe paddington padlock bags. The louis Vuitton bags all have serial numbers inside and the stitching is absolutely spot on, same with the Chloe bags.

Archived