Should poor people be allowed to grow their own food?

I have noticed over the last few weeks, there have been a lot of threads on this forum that have been lets say, less than complimentary to the not so well off, people on benefits.

Perhaps people would prefer to see some sort of cleansing to eradicate the world of these people, live & let live; some people genuinely cannot help the circumstances they find themselves in.

passbyblade the problem is that are are 2 distinct different types of people on benefits.

those who have lost their jobs or come across some form of hardship.

those to whome benefits are a lifestyle choice.

from those 2 groups one are to be assisted in every way, the other group could be culled and society would benefit as a result.

passbyblade the problem is that are are 2 distinct different types of people on benefits.

those who have lost their jobs or come across some form of hardship.

those to whome benefits are a lifestyle choice.

from those 2 groups one are to be assisted in every way, the other group could be culled and society would benefit as a result.

Whilst I agree about the 2 lifestyles, why should the bone idle be eradicated, yes they are a blight, but as you say see benefits as a lifestyle choice. I don't agree with it, it is society that has developed these people.

I've worked with people over the years who are bone idle, but get away with it they are just as bad as the scroungers on benefits, as they get a wage by doing sweet fanny Adams.

Like the play about with my name, quite amusing, but there is a reason for it :hihi:

would a nervous OAP really want a stranger digging in her garden? an englishmans home is his castle etc.

There is an oap who lives a few houses away from me, he lets two fellas grow veg, in his back garden and he is quite happy not having to buy it from the shops, they give him an ample share, and he's happy.

Archived