Taekwondo, Coming soon

What has this to do with logos and Olympics the BTCB is a seperate governing body within an agreement to unify TKD. WTF clubs that have joined the BTC have had to change the name to Kukkiwon style UKTDC for one, the BTMA changed from the British Taekwondo Federation (BTF) to Taekwonmudo so they could find a place in the BTC. If they had kept the BTF mantel they would have been directed to the BTCB as WTF

Thanks for that Andy, clear as mud....:hihi:

Only joking, but you can see what I mean, anyone looking to join a new sport or Martial Art would be totally confused by that.

I realise that you have to explain these things and I realise that a lot of exisiting Taekwondo practitioners would be able to understand and follow the above list of organisations and governing bodies, not having a dig, just pointing it out.

see.....confused here, can you explain a 'blue low' please?

If it was a Sheffield school, then didn't TAGB used to teach in certain schools at one point? I remember years ago, one of my neighbours sons started doing it after school and seem to remember it being TAGB?

Couple of names spring to mind from that period of time (these names could be totally wrong, working from memory), one was called Graham Churchill and one was called Malcolm Siddall?? I am sure one or both taught in schools?

For a "Blue low", I am going to guess it means Blue belt, and not the one with coloured tips to mark the transition point to the next level? (blue belt with red stripe at the end?)

Blue low? Graham TAGB, yes. Siddall?

Yes the blue low bit was just a guess!

I knew one of the names was TAGB be related, like I said, working from memory, it was over 10 years ago I would think.

Who was the local bloke who used to teach TAGB in the Sheffield area that jumped ship from TAGB to WTF? he ended up being quite senior I think, would have been at least 10 years ago, like I said, memory is not what it was! :)

TAGB to WTF, not in my time of doing it

OK, I have got that bit wrong, let me have a think about it, it will come back to me, he was on the grading panel once (in Mansfield area) when Park Soo-Nam came over and conducted some 1st Dan gradings. He had come across from some other governing body or style and brought all his students with him, there was a bit of disgruntlement amongst some people because the quality of his students was way below the required levels (due to his teaching methods I guess).

Anyway, that was a lot of years ago as I say, doesn't really matter.

Archived