Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

Like this thread? Mel does the second part to people all the time.

Perhaps you could identify the lies in the OP? Or where people have been dissuaded from participating because mel or anyone else has called them a racist?

Perhaps you could identify the lies in the OP? Or where people have been dissuaded from participating because mel or anyone else has called them a racist?

The title for one.

I shall PM you the next incident of Mel labelling the whole world as racist. You may think it's right on but I find ti offensive. I hold Mel with the same contempt as that of any person who seeks to divide rather than unite.

What figure do you think we would have to reach before it's ok for the citizens of the UK to complain about immigration? That's for Mel really.

I disagree harvey, the problem is whenever immigration is discussed it's usually against a backdrop of mis-information and downright lies, many propogated by the few xenophobes who inhabit this forum. I cant think of any of them who've been dissuaded from forwarding their argument for fear of being described as a racist-that's just an excuse they create like others play the erroneous 'race card'.

What you are not taking into consideration are those who do not indulge in debate for fear of being branded racist because of their views which are not necessarily racist but their viewpoint.

I think you're slightly missing the point Tony Erikson. mel's thread was definitely of the playful variety, and it doesn't take much to appreciate that it was inspired by the myriad of threads here relating to immigrants/asylum seekers that are negative in foundation-have you missed them?

Obviously the exploits of this Gurkha aren't indicative of immigrants generally, but nor are the negative threads either and we encounter many more of them on this forum-I think that was mel's point, yet I haven't seen the detractors here reflecting similarly on those threads.

Immigrants are just like the rest of us-most are unexceptional, some very talented and a minority are drawn towards criminality and anti social behaviour, none of us have any regard for the latter.

mel has his own agenda much the same as you do,as stated numerous times people on here seem to scared of being forthright simply because lurking in the wings will be one of the forums cabbages who will instantly jump on and shout racist!! at the top of their feeble voices .we all know who they are and when someone keeps coming on with immigrants ,muslims etc in what will turn out to be controversial subjects theres something fishy going on,they are either stirring it or unwilling to show there true feelings(cowardice) so they sit back and let others do their job for them.

What you are not taking into consideration are those who do not indulge in debate for fear of being branded racist because of their views which are not necessarily racist but their viewpoint.

..and equally what you're not taking account of are the people who won't engage in the debate because of the aggressive and often offensive responses from the xenophobes who post here.

mel has his own agenda much the same as you do,
I don't have an agenda, anymore than you do.

as stated numerous times people on here seem to scared of being forthright simply because lurking in the wings will be one of the forums cabbages who will instantly jump on and shout racist!!

..and equally there's often a poster ready to accuse people who challenge their views of having an 'agenda'-advocating right from wrong doesn't seem to be a virtue anymore.

at the top of their feeble voices .we all know who they are and when someone keeps coming on with immigrants ,muslims etc in what will turn out to be controversial subjects theres something fishy going on,they are either stirring it or unwilling to show there true feelings(cowardice) so they sit back and let others do their job for them.

Sorry, don't know what this element of your rant means

Then why not put British soldier? Or Ghurka (Their official title)? Not just Mel trying to stir his racism agenda.

Agreed .if you google his name there are ,as you would expect,numerous entries."Hero ghurkha.....""Cpl Dipprasad Pun.....""Ghurkha...." etc etc yet strangely not one with the word Immigrant in the heading.

Then why not put British soldier? Or Ghurka (Their official title)? Not just Mel trying to stir his racism agenda.

That's the whole point, mel was highlighting a good news story about an immigrant, juxtaposed against the multitude of ones here that aren't (good news)-he was playing those people at their own game!

Next time I see a thread relating to the bad behaviour of a Muslim/immigrant/asylum seeker..I'll pm you so you can articulate your annoyance that these individuals have been identified as such ;)

Archived