Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

Afternoon fella, it does seem to rankle some that you've described this soldier as an immigrant, and perhaps suggests their distaste of the genre generally.

Rather than celebrate the fact a foreigner can be patriotic towards his adopted country and have all the virtues of an Englishman, they're more easily aroused by your motivation for posting the thread in the first place, whilst claiming he's a 'mercenary/doesn't actually live here/only lives here because he's stationed here' etc..how far do they want to distance themselves from this individual as UK citizen?! :hihi:

You mean like mel has in the OP ?

For a thread "genuinely" put up with no racism intent but genuinely looked to the courageous actions of the individual, it sure seems to have either gone tits up and off topic, or the intent wasn't as seemed. Either way the body of the topic is suffering because of it.

You going to answer the question Mel?

At what population limit can people legitimately complain about immigration and our current policy? 60, 70, 80, 90 or even 100 million people? That's all I want you to answer for the moment.

tbh its not a question that crosses my mind.

people have a right to worry about immigration course they do, thats not the point.

the point is people on here spout so much drivel, lies, half truths, ignorance and hatred at the majority of immigrants, other cultures it needs countering.

this thread has highlighted it well

Tell me BF how would you feel if every time we wanted to point to a post by you we said ..Have you read the post by the immigrant boyfriday..or lets go to a meet and we may come across the immigrant Boyfriday

Well I'm not an immigrant, but my grandparents and parents are and are proud to be, just as they are proud to be British and to have contributed to the wealth of this nation over the last 60 or so years, their experiences aren't exceptional compared to the vast majority of immigrants here.

As you may know I've many times tried to secure an invitation to attend BNP public meetings and have been described as far worse than an immigrant in response, so frankly it doesnt bother me :D

people have a right to worry about immigration course they do, thats not the point.

the point is people on here spout so much drivel, lies, half truths, ignorance and hatred at the majority of immigrants, other cultures it needs countering.

So after seeing the negative effect of your demeaning title why havent you asked to have it changed ?

The man joined the British army in Nepal.

He won a gallantry award as a British soldier, not as an immigrant or anything else but as a British soldier.

As I have said before I find it wrong that his bravery is being used to forward others agendas.

I would welcome this man into this country. He has earned the right to settle here.

I honestly think you have shot yourself in the foot by the title of the thread.

"Gurkha hero settles his family in England on completion of army service"

would have served your purpose much better.

Archived