Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

tbh its not a question that crosses my mind.

people have a right to worry about immigration course they do, thats not the point.

the point is people on here spout so much drivel, lies, half truths, ignorance and hatred at the majority of immigrants, other cultures it needs countering.

this thread has highlighted it well

Like you do? The thread title has been established as a manipulation to forward your agenda.

And am I right in thinking that you now think it's OK for people to complain about immigration so long as they don't tell lies? I'll hold you to that one Mel.

The fact still remains that your divisive behaviour is as dangerous as that of any person.

So can people complain that the limit was reached at 60 million and state that we have far too many immigrants? Surely you must have a limit in mind.

Immigrants can become UK citizens ya know?

They can and we should be proud of how this country does welcome people (So long as they don't take the ****). Yet Mel would have people believe we're a nation of xenophobes and racists who hate all immigrants. We're not.

Well I'm not an immigrant, but my grandparents and parents are and are proud to be, just as they are proud to be British and to have contributed to the wealth of this nation over the last 60 or so years, their experiences aren't exceptional compared to the vast majority of immigrants here.

As you may know I've many times tried to secure an invitation to attend BNP public meetings and have been described as far worse than an immigrant in response, so frankly it doesnt bother me :D

when the cap fits eh bf ,who are you trying to kid ? Me? or yourself ?

They can and we should be proud of how this country does welcome people (So long as they don't take the ****). Yet Mel would have people believe we're a nation of xenophobes and racists who hate all immigrants. We're not.

you obviously dont read the same threads as me on SF then

Like you do? The thread title has been established as a manipulation to forward your agenda.

And am I right in thinking that you now think it's OK for people to complain about immigration so long as they don't tell lies? I'll hold you to that one Mel.

The fact still remains that your divisive behaviour is as dangerous as that of any person.

So can people complain that the limit was reached at 60 million and state that we have far too many immigrants? Surely you must have a limit in mind.

It all seems to boil down to the perception of an immigrant, a British soldier who is awarded a gallantry medal, a doctor who saves a toe.......or maybe a radical extremist, benefit scrounger.

The man joined the British army in Nepal.

He won a gallantry award as a British soldier, not as an immigrant or anything else but as a British soldier.

As I have said before I find it wrong that his bravery is being used to forward others agendas.

I would welcome this man into this country. He has earned the right to settle here.

harvey, the million dollar question is would this man walking in his civvies on Sheffield High Street with his family, be regarded as an immigrant/asylum seeker or a soldier decorated for his gallantry and someone who had 'earned the right to settle here', it's a shame the worth of such people has to be measured by their exceptional endevours.

Archived