Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

I'm afraid I agree with mel, the word 'immigrant' only has negative connotations to people who believe there's something wrong with them, usually those who think all immigrants are non white, poor, uneducated and tempted towards criminality. .
No, be fair - it's probably only half of them that fit those categories.

People like Mel the Bel feed the BNP and EDL - without his ilk, they would wither away.

i mustve missed this post

no they wouldnt wither away

groups like the bnp etc will ALWAYS exist, they feed on peoples insecurities and thrive specially in times of economic distress, certain people always need somebody else to blame

I based my post on a post made by Mel (which seems to have disappeared where he was justifying his short absence for work)

yeah ive just had a look for my "massive" post and it seems to have gone :(

now out of all my posts ever on here that one disapearing has hurt the most as i was proud of it in both size and the amount of honesty etc i was trying to squeeze in :(

i mustve missed this post

no they wouldnt wither away

groups like the bnp etc will ALWAYS exist, they feed on peoples insecurities and thrive specially in times of economic distress, certain people always need somebody else to blame

They do, but with minimal support to the extant that they are of no real import.

Then people stand on soap boxes and make a big fuss about 'poor immigrants' and so-called racism (when our laws now generate positive discrimination as well as stamping on any racism), and those pro-immigrant anti-racism complainers just annoy normal people into being sympathetic to the far right.

They do, but with minimal support to the extant that they are of no real import.

Then people stand on soap boxes and make a big fuss about 'poor immigrants' and so-called racism (when our laws now generate positive discrimination as well as stamping on any racism), and those pro-immigrant anti-racism complainers just annoy normal people into being sympathetic to the far right.

thats complete and utter crap

"normal" people fall for the likes of the EDL and BNP because of the agendas being pushed in the media..............ie:- sensationalising the negative aspects of immigration / islam etc and making the impact seem far larger and more encompassing than it really is

then the said groups pick up on peoples concerns and twist them

annoying people into their arms just wouldnt work im afraid

Haha made me laugh that quote u added (Reminded me of uncle albert off only fools and horses)

heh heh yeah

"during the war"

BUT if he really did fend off all those nasties single handedly, thats one damn achievement, mustve been terrifying, and an almost dead situation

The funny thing is that the people who make the most noise about race are the BNP!

Just as an example, a recent blog on their website was calling for members to contact the minister at Manchester Cathedral to complain about an event they were putting on where St George was being portrayed by a black youth..how spiteful is that? Especially as St George wasn't white in the first place!

This is one comment from a teeth gnashing woman:

"“What has it come to when our own church tells us to be ashamed of our

Englishness and instead to celebrate the occupation of our country by people who have arrived here from the other side of the world within my lifetime," said one lady’s letter."

It probably escaped her attention that the youth was probably more English than St George.

Archived