Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

but anyway, a big well done to this brave man. in my view and the majority of the country, gurkha's are welcome here any day of the week. they are a dam sight more british than the dross we allow to settle here these days.

but anyway, a big well done to this brave man. in my view and the majority of the country, gurkha's are welcome here any day of the week. they are a dam sight more british than the dross we allow to settle here these days.

I dont really see how.

They're a damn site more British than the British dross already here!

i presume Ashford, Kent is in britain :suspect:

Ashford is a Gurkha base in Kent.

I liked the bit where his gun falied and he knocked one insurgent off the roof of the compound with his machine gun tripod.

"I had so many of them around me that I thought I was definitely going to die so I thought I'd kill as many of them as I could before they killed me," he said.

The Gurkas are truly legendry.

..well to me it appears many are playing semantics-he's a foreigner serving in the British Army, he might live here he might not..but like many foreigners/immigrants he is well disposed towards Britain, I think mel is merely highlighting that fact since most of the discussions here relating to foreigners/immigrants come from a negative perspective, or perhaps you disagree?

Yep........to Mels reason I mean

Mels going to be in a quandary when he realise the Taliban are Muslims,he usually defends them and now here he is praising a person for killing them :D

He's praising a person for killing <REMOVED>, who happen to be Muslims..extending your logic Glam I suppose you must be in a quandary supporting soldiers who killed IRA terrorists, and they were all 'Christians'.

Archived