Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

Of course muslins should be tret as individuals the same as others but what you are doing here is seperating this soldier from the other soldiers serving who have also won gallantry awards. You are seperating him from the organisation he belongs to and was acting as a part of when he won the award. The fact that he is an immigrant is irrelevant.

If you had put foreign soldier amongst gallantry award winners I think you would have had positive replies.

you really are failing (either accidently or on purpose) to see the whole point of the thread arent you.

i deliberately used a foriegn soldier working for us to highlight the stereotypical and ignorant actions of the usual suspects.

hes a brave brave man but is STILL a foriegner, whereas the vast majority of none special foriegners that come here and get on with their lives, families, jobs......not thieving and raping as some would make out, STILL get classed as scum and an infestation.

you seem to be making out he should get special treatment just because he happens to be a soldier, he was brave hes been awarded and thanked by the country for that.

apart from the bravery what raises being a soldier above other jobs such as bus driver, nurse, paramedic, police officer, takeaway owner etc etc? and why should he be "forgiven" for being a foriegner when all the rest are villified for it?

also it seems to have pushed skins who was always a bit of a liberal into a position of confusion :)

To be fair I'm not confused about my liberalism I'm just confused with the thread. To defend either of your two point element - title and OP content, just seemed patronising for the sake of drawing out your advisory. Your thread has done exactly what it intended it seems but what has it achieved that the thousands of racist threads haven't done. Personally I'd hate to read my achievements promoted because of my colour, ethnicity or residential status. So no it's not confusion but more embarrassing. My criticism was more in defence of the lad.

I wonder if any racist has been converted and seen the light? doubt it but if so I have a tree and some flip flops going spare.

Anyhoo, the important bit. Although he's a Gurkha he must have been dropping bricks when it kicked off and isolated. Don't want to do the 'hero' cliché stuff but this lad must have balls of iron. I'd be humbled just by shaking his hand.

you really are failing (either accidently or on purpose) to see the whole point of the thread arent you.

i deliberately used a foriegn soldier working for us to highlight the stereotypical and ignorant actions of the usual suspects.

hes a brave brave man but is STILL a foriegner, whereas the vast majority of none special foriegners that come here and get on with their lives, families, jobs......not thieving and raping as some would make out, STILL get classed as scum and an infestation.

you seem to be making out he should get special treatment just because he happens to be a soldier, he was brave hes been awarded and thanked by the country for that.

apart from the bravery what raises being a soldier above other jobs such as bus driver, nurse, paramedic, police officer, takeaway owner etc etc? and why should he be "forgiven" for being a foriegner when all the rest are villified for it?

I see the point of the thread and the provocative way it was titled.

My point is that it was because he was a soldier that he was honored not because he was a possible immigrant.

A soldier is different to a bus driver etc. is because they are expected to die whilst doing their job if necessary whilst serving their country.

You seem to think that the majority of English people hate all immigrants which I do not beleive is true. The derogatory comments you quote are used by a tiny minority of people I beleive and it is not helpfull you repeating them.

I see the point of the thread and the provocative way it was titled.

My point is that it was because he was a soldier that he was honored not because he was a possible immigrant.

A soldier is different to a bus driver etc. is because they are expected to die whilst doing their job if necessary whilst serving their country.

You seem to think that the majority of English people hate all immigrants which I do not beleive is true. The derogatory comments you quote are used by a tiny minority of people I beleive and it is not helpfull you repeating them.

ah good now we're getting somewhere :D

where did i say the vast majority of english people hate immigrants?

theres a very large swathe of people on here who do..............or lump all immigrants together.

but i do believe now theres a high pencentage of the general public who are anti muslim precisely cos they read the constant sensationalist negative headlines in the papers day in day out

ah good now we're getting somewhere :D

where did i say the vast majority of english people hate immigrants?

theres a very large swathe of people on here who do..............or lump all immigrants together.

but i do believe now theres a high pencentage of the general public who are anti muslim precisely cos they read the constant sensationalist negative headlines in the papers day in day out

Mel I agree with you entirely about the sensational reporting etc and not treating people as individuals.

What I don't agree with is using this case to further your cause.

At the end of the day I think we have different perceptions of how you intended the title to be interpreted but as an ex soldier I see him as a soldier regardless of race, etc and therefore do not think the immigrant description is necessary.

soldier regardless of race, etc and therefore do not think the immigrant description is necessary.

maybe thats the problem, your biased?

a soldiers a soldier a bakers a baker a butchers a butcher but they are also sons, daughters, dads and mums etc

they are people as well as a job

some are english, some arent, some happen to be black, asian, white etc etc etc

maybe thats the problem, your biased?

a soldiers a soldier a bakers a baker a butchers a butcher but they are also sons, daughters, dads and mums etc

they are people as well as a job

some are english, some arent, some happen to be black, asian, white etc etc etc

No I am not biased. I am trying to be completely objective.

He did what he did because he was a soldier regardless of race, colour, religion, background.

If he had done something because of the fact that he was an immigrant and that directly related to his actions that is when to use that description.

No I am not biased. I am trying to be completely objective.

He did what he did because he was a soldier regardless of race, colour, religion, background.

If he had done something because of the fact that he was an immigrant and that directly related to his actions then use the adjective.

sigh, thats the whole point

he did what he did not because of what race etc he is he did it because hes a soldier

similarly plenty of "normal" people just get on with life, bringing up families, jobs etc etc but get shoved into the immigrant / migrant workers box like its some bad disease

sigh, thats the whole point

he did what he did not because of what race etc he is he did it because hes a soldier

similarly plenty of "normal" people just get on with life, bringing up families, jobs etc etc but get shoved into the immigrant / migrant workers box like its some bad disease

But it is you that is trying to make him different to his colleagues.

Anyhow I think we are starting to go round in circles.

The man deserves our respect for what he did.

Archived