Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

Why is the title "Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award " instead of 'Gurkah receives 2nd highest bravery award' ?

Is it just another case of Mel wanting as much sensationalism as possible in his 1 man (maybe 2 man with BF on board), crusade to highlight anything that is remotely racial? :huh:

I would like to thank Cpl Dipprasad Pun and all other Gurkha's for his/their efforts in the British army. They are a credit to themselves.

They're a damn site more British than the British dross already here!

So the brave soldiers serving in the army/navy and air force are dross are they?

You need to go have a word with yourself in the mirror. Any one of our British soldiers are worth 10 of you any day of the week!

I think your post is damn right insulting to all those soldiers that serve and have died in the course of serving this country.

So the brave soldiers serving in the army/navy and air force are dross are they?

You need to go have a word with yourself in the mirror. Any one of our British soldiers are worth 10 of you any day of the week!

I think your post is damn right insulting to all those soldiers that serve and have died in the course of serving this country.

I don't think BF was refering to British soldiers living here being dross.

Rather a racist comment there BF... careful your halo's slipping ..your true nature is surfacing maybe ?..oops sorry I forgot racism only works one way doesnt it,offensive remarks about the British dont count if they are white Anglo Saxon.

People of Ethnicity can also be British so how is refering to British dross a racist statement? Unless you are looking at it like a racist who believes only white people can be British?

I don't think BF was refering to British soldiers living here being dross.

But his post quite evidently was.

They're a damn site more British than the British dross already here!

How can you not think he was talking about our servicemen ?

wassup scared people might see immigrants can and are brave fine upstanding members of the community

Would you say that people who smoke illegal drugs are brave fine upstanding members of the community too?

A brave soldier serving Queen and Country but I fail to see how he can be classed as an immigrant.

He is presumably stationed in this country with his regiment and on a tour of duty in Afghanistan.

Soldiers have always been stationed abroad but are not classed as immigrants in those countries.

Rather a racist comment there BF... careful your halo's slipping ..your true nature is surfacing maybe ?..oops sorry I forgot racism only works one way doesnt it,offensive remarks about the British dont count if they are white Anglo Saxon.

This post illustrates how dim you are Glamrocker, as far as I know being British isn't a 'race', my comment was all encompassing-there is as much black British dross as there's white British dross.

Just for the record, I'm British (although Nick G doesnt want me to be)-and very proud to be so.

Why what have Christians to do with it ?

Absolutely nothing that's my point, just as someone's distaste for the activities of terrorists who happen to be Muslims is no reflection on how they can feel about Muslims generally.

..well to me it appears many are playing semantics-he's a foreigner serving in the British Army, he might live here he might not..but like many foreigners/immigrants he is well disposed towards Britain, I think mel is merely highlighting that fact since most of the discussions here relating to foreigners/immigrants come from a negative perspective, or perhaps you disagree?

No I don't disagree but there is kneejerk liberalism as well as kneejerk reactionary prats. Who knows where this Ghurka will end up living, is it simply assumed every one is desperate for a UK life?

Archived