Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

He is based here temporarily. He does not have economic status. He will not have leave to remain. He won't have citizenship like other economic migrants. You know this.

I understand why you started the thread the way you've done so and I applaud it. You want to bring some thunder down on yourself and highlight your cause and fight your corner and thats admirable. But don't pee down my back and tell me its raining. He isn't an immigrant.

To be fair, the UN defines an immigrant as someone who is resident here for a period of at least one year:

The LTIM and IPS datasets use the UN definition of a long-term international migrant being someone who moves from their country of previous residence for a period of at least a year

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/mig0211.pdf

"The Royal Gurkha Rifles now consists of two battalions, one of which is based in Shorncliffe in Kent, and the other in Brunei. The battalions change over every three years

http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/5027.aspx

To be fair, the UN defines an immigrant as someone who is resident here for a period of at least one year:

The LTIM and IPS datasets use the UN definition of a long-term international migrant being someone who moves from their country of previous residence for a period of at least a year

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/mig0211.pdf

"The Royal Gurkha Rifles now consists of two battalions, one of which is based in Shorncliffe in Kent, and the other in Brunei. The battalions change over every three years

http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/5027.aspx

And the exact date he moved there was?

I've no idea, but since he's contracted to serve for 3 years, from a UK base, the UN would technically describe him as an 'immigrant'-I'm simply regurgitating the information.

does it matter?

a few things he could be classed as, i chose immigrant YES FOR EFFECT, but also as truthful as can be.

lets not get bogged down in petty pedantics

I've no idea, but since he's contracted to serve for 3 years, from a UK base, the UN would technically describe him as an 'immigrant'-I'm simply regurgitating the information.
Since you're trying to baffle me with a technicality you're going to have to do better than that. If he's been here less than a year then he isn't an immigrant. If he has. Then i'll apologise.

does it matter?

a few things he could be classed as, i chose immigrant YES FOR EFFECT, but also as truthful as can be.

lets not get bogged down in petty pedantics

Yes it does. For reasons explained above.

Since you're trying to baffle me with a technicality you're going to have to do better than that. If he's been here less than a year then he isn't an immigrant. If he has. Then i'll apologise.

and we'll never know prolly so the points moot

the point of the whole thread is, hes a foriegner in britain doing a dangerous job decently.

yet the majority of right wing posters here have consistantly slagged off foriegners coming here and being scum mainly..........even if they havent.

the point is..................not all foriegners are the same, just like not all brits are the same

ignorance and lies are bliss

You've nothing to apologise for, I wasn't seeking it.

I know it can't often be relied on for accuracy, but this Daily Mail article seems to suggest that he's settled in the UK.

"The married soldier, whose father and grandfather were also Gurkhas, is originally from the village of Bima in western Nepal but now lives in Ashford, Kent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393355/Hero-Gurkha-handed-bravery-medal-Queen-said-I-thought-I-going-die--I-tried-kill-I-could.html#ixzz1O9X6GxK2

No matter about the piffle posted on here about our Gurkha friend, he was decorated while fighting for GB Ltd. He deserves all he gets, and probably more besides. Wonder how many keyboard heroes on here would face him down if he were stood in front of them. Well done that man, a real mans man.

Regards

Angel.

Archived