Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

He was fighting for Britain for the pay. It's incredibly well paid job compared to anything else you can do if you are Nepalese.

The Gurkhas used to be the second biggest business in Nepal after tourism, but now that they have been given the right to live here that source of income has been taken away. Tourism has collapsed in Nepal too with the political unrest so the country isn't doing very well now.

He's praising a person for killing <REMOVED>, who happen to be Muslims..extending your logic Glam I suppose you must be in a quandary supporting soldiers who killed IRA terrorists, and they were all 'Christians'.
No, he's trying to make a big issue of a positive story to come from an immigrant, which as has been pointed out is a deliberatley dishonest twist to the thread title becasue the subject individual is a temporary worker.

The proud and honour-laden record of the Gurkhas should not be tarnished by a politically-motivated link by a racism-obsessed poster to the general immigrant infestation we suffer in this country.

No, he's trying to make a big issue of a positive story to come from an immigrant, which as has been pointed out is a deliberatley dishonest twist to the thread title becasue the subject individual is a temporary worker.

The proud and honour-laden record of the Gurkhas should not be tarnished by a politically-motivated link by a racism-obsessed poster to the general immigrant infestation we suffer in this country.

Strange choice of words

Well if you read the Daily Mail article linked to above, you'll see that he's resident in the UK. Hopefully you'll reflect with equal disdain on the threads that highlight the indiscretions of immigrants in the future.

You've suddenly become all mealy mouthed when someone has reflected on the contribution an immigrant has made to this country.

Strange choice of words

Exactly, just proves the point of the thread, double standards.

Almost all immigrants/foriegn workers are seen as scum no matter what they do or how long they stay, bar the handfull

Well if you read the Daily Mail article linked to above, you'll see that he's resident in the UK. Hopefully you'll reflect with equal disdain on the threads that highlight the indiscretions of immigrants in the future.

You've suddenly become all mealy mouthed when someone has reflected on the contribution an immigrant has made to this country.

I think some people are hanging on the word immigrant. As I saw it Ghurkas serve for the country, they come here for training, are posted all over the world and leave when they're done. Don't you remember Joanna Lumley fighting for them to stay.

There's a big difference between the Ghurkas and the various degrees of immigrant we have here, some are here for money, some are here for a better life and some are here to take the ****. Lumbering Ghurkas in the same group as "The annoying type" of immigrants is plain wrong. We go over there to recruit them and they serve. I have never seen one in the Jobcentre.

I have to ask Mel when we should say no to Immigrants. Is Mel aware of the capacity of the country or will Mel just blindingly push his cause?

Exactly, just proves the point of the thread, double standards.

Almost all immigrants/foriegn workers are seen as scum no matter what they do or how long they stay, bar the handfull

No they are not Mel. It's becoming more and more apparent that the problem may be with you. Sure I hear people go on about immigrants but a lot of it's just parrot ignorance. It can be quashed quite easily but you have a completely separate agenda. It's like you see your whole countrymen as racist. You're often the first one to spout of about how racist or anti immigrant people are. I remember you started on me and I had only made a few posts. I don't think what you do is any better than the people you claim to despise. You just inflame things by jumping on people and trying to appear right on.

Didn't you claim benefits for 18 years Mel. Do you enjoy leaching off the country and enjoy when others do it? Do you simply hate your fellow countrymen? I'm just trying to gauge what type of person is inflaming racial tensions.

No they are not Mel. It's becoming more and more apparent that the problem may be with you. Sure I hear people go on about immigrants but a lot of it's just parrot ignorance. It can be quashed quite easily but you have a completely separate agenda. It's like you see your whole countrymen as racist. You're often the first one to spout of about how racist or anti immigrant people are. I remember you started on me and I had only made a few posts. I don't think what you do is any better than the people you claim to despise. You just inflame things by jumping on people and trying to appear right on.

Didn't you claim benefits for 18 years Mel. Do you enjoy leaching off the country and enjoy when others do it? Do you simply hate your fellow countrymen? I'm just trying to gauge what type of person is inflaming racial tensions.

People like Mel the Bel feed the BNP and EDL - without his ilk, they would wither away.

Archived