Asylum seekers given amnesty

Ah rg good evening my friend, I see your bulb burns dimly as usual-the thread's about asylum seekers, not immigrants.

My grandparents were invited to come here to work. The only thing they were fleeing were the raging Jamaican summers.

My 'biased view' if I have one is not born from my history since it does not mirror that of people facing persecution in their homelands.

they were fleeing poverty and to come here and make a better life for themselves dont you mean ?put any spin you like on it bf immigrant/ asylum seeker we all know your biased view is the same regardless of which one is the topic of choice

they were fleeing poverty and to come here and make a better life for themselves dont you mean ?put any spin you like on it bf immigrant/ asylum seeker we all know your biased view is the same regardless of which one is the topic of choice

I find this a but rich, coming from such a biased poster.

Ah rg good evening my friend, I see your bulb burns dimly as usual-the thread's about asylum seekers, not immigrants.

My grandparents were invited to come here to work. The only thing they were fleeing were the raging Jamaican summers.

My 'biased view' if I have one is not born from my history since it does not mirror that of people facing persecution in their homelands.

You don't recall your history though do you?

exactly my point but pity you cant see it when the boots on the other foot :huh:

Not at all, I just think that you're judging other people by your own standards. You've fallen into the trap of believing that everybody thinks in the same way as you.

they were fleeing poverty and to come here and make a better life for themselves dont you mean ?
Oh ricgem, how would you know that? My grandfather was a business owner and my grandmother was a chef at the Titchfield Hotel owned by Errol Flynn, they owned land and property and paid for all their childrens education, before they came here. They were sold a dream of an idyllic life in the Mother Country, ironically later endorsed by Enoch Powell-and took a chance, just as many British people do when they go to work overseas.

put any spin you like on it bf immigrant/ asylum seeker we all know your biased view is the same regardless of which one is the topic of choice

Well people are generally biased towards any argument they're supporting-it's hardly rocket science!

Oh ricgem, how would you know that? My grandfather was a business owner and my grandmother was a chef at the Titchfield Hotel owned by Errol Flynn, they owned land and property and paid for all their childrens education, before they came here. They were sold a dream of an idyllic life in the Mother Country, ironically later endorsed by Enoch Powell-and took a chance, just as many British people do when they go to work overseas.

Well people are generally biased towards any argument they're supporting-it's hardly rocket science!

sorry bf i didnt know that ( i apologise) so they came here after giving up what you and i would call a relatively good life yet stayed ? i wonder why this government is still selling an idyllic life here to people from overseas yet cant sustain people allready here to get them into work ?

Although I'm new to this thread - this problem can be solved overnight.

Make things as difficult for migrants, is it is for the British people when they lose there jobs.

Stop offering never ending handouts, stop paying more benefits for more kids.

Stop making it an appealing country to come to.

You take a man/woman, who has lost his/her job, with a mortgage who

has paid into the system - how hard is it for these people to get money to help them through a difficult period?

Until you deal with the handouts - this country will be a magnet still in 100 years time for people wanting a free ride.

Last year net migration was at 142,000, this year it is at 242,000 - ITS UP !!!

If this carrys on for 20 years, then 242,000 x 20 years = 4,840,000....YES... 4 milion, eight hundred and forty thousand people. That is Sheffield population multiplied by 10.

Where will these people live - bear in mind the migrants like big familys, and do not stick to 2 kids.

What the hell is our country going to be like in 20 years time? who will pay for the housing, how much tax will anyone who has a job need to pay to support this? Will we be builing 10 citys the size of sheffield in 20 years time?

4million houses = that means we need to build 547 houses every day for the next 20 years in order to avoid a housing catastrophie

sorry bf i didnt know that ( i apologise) so they came here after giving up what you and i would call a relatively good life yet stayed ?
They certainly did, but I don't think they ever regretted the decision they made-in fact you can ask her she's 96 now and still kickin ass!

i wonder why this government is still selling an idyllic life here to people from overseas yet cant sustain people allready here to get them into work ?

That's a big question and one I don't have the answer to, if it's true. One reason for encouraging immigration, is the ageing British population, which requires increasing numbers of workers to support it, such a proposal may be an unpalatable one, but to the elderly in 20+ years time, the young will merely be canon fodder :(

Archived