Asylum seekers given amnesty

Well I totally disagree.
I thought you might.

Let's just throw the doors open - if we cram 65000 people onto every square mile of the UK, we can fit the world's population in - what are we waiting for?

I thought you might.
..and I thought you'd have the contrary view, so what's your point?

Let's just throw the doors open - if we cram 65000 people onto every square mile of the UK, we can fit the world's population in - what are we waiting for?

..and why the over sensational response? Nobody here, myself included, is advocating 'throwing the doors open and cramming 65000 into every square mile', nothing like it, so can we just retain a degree of proportionality to this discussion please?

The fact is the numbers of asylum seekers in this country is nothing like the numbers some would have us believe.

All too often immigrants are confused with asylum seekers, I was recently involved in a conversation with someone who believed one of the student halls of residence was being used to house asylum seekers..he wouldnt entertain the idea that they were foreign students who'd paid for the privilege to be here.

I strongly believe that we should maintain an interest in the security of asylum seekers as we have done for hundreds of years. Not only does sharing the burden create a fairer society, but it also creates a more harmonious one.

If you'd like to look at it selfishly, many refugees are well motivated and bring skills and talents that are useful in our own society and most integrate quite successfully into the host community-given the chance to do so.

Have a look at the adventures of Mo Farah, a refugee who came here aged 8 unable to speak English, and now a potential Olympic champion for his adopted country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Farah

..and I thought you'd have the contrary view, so what's your point?

..and why the over sensational response? Nobody here, myself included, is advocating 'throwing the doors open and cramming 65000 into every square mile', nothing like it, so can we just retain a degree of proportionality to this discussion please?

The fact is the numbers of asylum seekers in this country is nothing like the numbers some would have us believe.

All too often immigrants are confused with asylum seekers, I was recently involved in a conversation with someone who believed one of the student halls of residence was being used to house asylum seekers..he wouldnt entertain the idea that they were foreign students who'd paid for the privilege to be here.

I strongly believe that we should maintain an interest in the security of asylum seekers as we have done for hundreds of years. Not only does sharing the burden create a fairer society, but it also creates a more harmonious one.

If you'd like to look at it selfishly, many refugees are well motivated and bring skills and talents that are useful in our own society and most integrate quite successfully into the host community-given the chance to do so.

Have a look at the adventures of Mo Farah, a refugee who came here aged 8 unable to speak English, and now a potential Olympic champion for his adopted country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Farah

I don't see an Olympic hopeful as representative of the majority, but my position remains that we're full and don't need more people, especially those with problems or those who just come here for a better life than they were used to in whatever open air toilet of a developing nation they previously lived in.

I don't see an Olympic hopeful as representative of the majority, but my position remains that we're full and don't need more people, especially those with problems or those who just come here for a better life than they were used to in whatever open air toilet of a developing nation they previously lived in.

Whether we're full or not, it wouldn't alter your position of indiscriminate hatred.

at the end of the day this is a small island how long does it take to drive from one end to the other. I went down wellgate rotherham last year and didnt hear one person speaking english do you want your children growing up in such an atmosphere i dont english values. same as when i worked abroad in saudi follow our rules r get out

My grandparents were invited to come here to work. The only thing they were fleeing were the raging Jamaican summers.

Not thread related so sorry BUT just thought id say Jamaica is THE best place in the world, im well travelled and LOVE Jamaica! The people Are so laid back they are flat on their back! Ssoooo chilled! I would go their once a year if i could afford it!

at the end of the day this is a small island how long does it take to drive from one end to the other. I went down wellgate rotherham last year and didnt hear one person speaking english do you want your children growing up in such an atmosphere i dont english values. same as when i worked abroad in saudi follow our rules r get out

Why so upset? Reading your post gives me the impression that English is still something that you haven't quite got the hang of either.

What are "english values" exactly? I'm English and my values are those of tolerance and respect, regardless of a person's heritage, skin colour or the way they choose to practice their chosen religion (or not).

Not thread related so sorry BUT just thought id say Jamaica is THE best place in the world, im well travelled and LOVE Jamaica! The people Are so laid back they are flat on their back! Ssoooo chilled! I would go their once a year if i could afford it!

Too 'ot fer me fella!

Archived