Asylum seekers given amnesty

we have a government which we vote in ,how succesfull they become in changing the country is out of our hands when they get the power.

Yet you think it's reasonable to suggest that people who've fled genocide and/or torture should 'change where they live' instead of fleeing.

I'm sorry to hear of your predicament Riche, but what 'lot' do immigrants come here and get all of exactly?

Housing, benefits, bus pass, phones, priority on housing. Don't get me wrong If we let em in we have to provide something for them but not an insentive to jump on the benefit wagon. Its why in part loads of people hold such extreme views on all imogrants. Its the fact that as a tax payer an Ni payer I get nowt only free dental, bus pass and that patronising look from the clark when you sign on. My son who is doing his GCSE's is suffering at a time he needs stability around him. We pay everything out of £800. util. bills, food, rates get no housing benefit or help with my small mortgage. A single mom with 2 children get her housing rent paid ing rates and cash in her pocket, this amounts to more than £800???????????????????

Housing, benefits, bus pass, phones, priority on housing. Don't get me wrong If we let em in we have to provide something for them but not an insentive to jump on the benefit wagon.
I guess you're referring to asylum seekers rather than 'immigrants' per se. Obviously they receive priority on housing since they arrive here homeless, but it isn't housing you'd want to live in, they're usually allocated properties that have been rejected by natives, despite the common perception, there are council properties that remain empty because people don't want to live in them. The benefits they get are extremely limited and cover essential items of expenditure.

Its why in part loads of people hold such extreme views on all imogrants.

What because they're ignorant of the facts or choose to shield their eyes from the reality to justify their dislike?

Its the fact that as a tax payer an Ni payer I get nowt only free dental, bus pass and that patronising look from the clark when you sign on. My son who is doing his GCSE's is suffering at a time he needs stability around him. We pay everything out of £800. util. bills, food, rates get no housing benefit or help with my small mortgage.

Well obviously I can't comment on your personal situation.

A single mom with 2 children get her housing rent paid ing rates and cash in her pocket, this amounts to more than £800???????????????????

I've no idea, I don't know which single moms you're referring to. I know many who work and pay their own way and look after their children without moaning about anything or claiming benefits, there are some who need support but the level of that support is intended to provide a level of subsistence, not incentify people not to work, I guess that's the stool you fall between.

I guess you're referring to asylum seekers rather than 'immigrants' per se. Obviously they receive priority on housing since they arrive here homeless, but it isn't housing you'd want to live in, they're usually allocated properties that have been rejected by natives, despite the common perception, there are council properties that remain empty because people don't want to live in them. The benefits they get are extremely limited and cover essential items of expenditure.

What because they're ignorant of the facts or choose to shield their eyes from the reality to justify their dislike?

Well obviously I can't comment on your personal situation.

I've no idea, I don't know which single moms you're referring to. I know many who work and pay their own way and look after their children without moaning about anything or claiming benefits, there are some who need support but the level of that support is intended to provide a level of subsistence, not incentify people not to work, I guess that's the stool you fall between.

I refer to those only not working and claiming everything. The reality of my situation is I know unemployed families with only one child getting more than me and my family have to live on whilst working, ironicaly for the NHS helping others. Because one of us works its the hours we work not our income that dictates what we get NOWT.

boyfriday you talk a load of <removed> iv been on the housing list for both sheffield and rotherham for 5 yrs keep bidding but never succeeded iv lived in a rat infested 1 room for 2 yrs while cruvic a lithuanian whom i work with a nice guy may i say as got an house with is wife they have been here 2yrs i have been offered nothing so dont talk <removed>

cleanup i understand how you feel to those reading i work with cleanup on 12 hr nights basic wage at a food factory all the people r great guys and gals british and foreign. But we do see the imigrant workers getting offered accomodation from the council while cleanup never wins a bid he would live anywere because he wants is children at weekends. He cant afford private on our wages. Im lucky iv been a council tennant for 25 years hate to be waiting for an house while living in a small 6ft*7ft room paying £80 a week and its not a nice building damp and infested keep r chin up mate see you monday night

boyfriday you talk a load of <removed> iv been on the housing list for both sheffield and rotherham for 5 yrs keep bidding but never succeeded iv lived in a rat infested 1 room for 2 yrs

Obviously I'm unaware of your personal circumstances but here's a list of council properties advertised this week in Sheffield, some of them on a 'first come, first served' basis.

There are 28 pages of them.

http://www.sheffieldpropertyshop.org.uk/thisweekprop.asp?ID=9E93ED9F6C6D4A1998C6FAD702600978

while cruvic a lithuanian whom i work with a nice guy may i say as got an house with is wife they have been here 2yrs i have been offered nothing so dont talk <removed>

Perhaps they had fewer preferences than you and took advantage of the 'first come, first served' option, like anyone can.

I refer to those only not working and claiming everything.
Well that's a slightly different spin compared to what you said previously "Yet IMO's of any color creed or religion come here and get the lot". And as I said before immigrants in the overwhelming number of cases come here to work, study or be supported by their family members, not the state.

The reality of my situation is I know unemployed families with only one child getting more than me and my family have to live on whilst working, ironicaly for the NHS helping others. Because one of us works its the hours we work not our income that dictates what we get NOWT.

I'm genuinely sympathetic to your situation, but obviously benefits are designed (or should be) to provide a very basic level of support. As sad as your situation is and irrespective of how much you might have paid into the system, because of your wife's income you're not deemed eligible or in need of that support.

Even if the system wasn't subsidising anyone else that wouldn't mean you would or should receive more since that would be a disincentive to find work.

Archived