Asylum seekers given amnesty

Perhaps you could post a link to which report you're referring to retep? There are several prepared by the select committee. Thanks

Perhaps you could look for it yourself you seem such an expert on the subject.

Perhaps you could look for it yourself you seem such an expert on the subject.

I'm happy to but the only evidence I can find is contrary to the claim you make, so I was seeking your assistance in substantiating them ;)

Ps: Have a read of this report prepared by the Economic Select Committee-"The Economic Impact of

Immigration-June 08". It concludes that immigration has positive fiscal and other benefits and explains in detail why.

http://www.official-documents.gov.uk/document/cm74/7414/7414.pdf

I'm happy to but the only evidence I can find is contrary to the claim you make, so I was seeking your assistance in substantiating them ;)

Ps: Have a read of this report prepared by the Economic Select Committee-"The Economic Impact of

Immigration-June 08". It concludes that immigration has positive fiscal and other benefits and explains in detail why.

http://www.official-documents.gov.uk/document/cm74/7414/7414.pdf

The fact that you believe anything that the last government said on immigration is laughable, but well done on finding a reply to the Select Committee.

The fact that you believe anything that the last government said on immigration is laughable, but well done on finding a reply to the Select Committee.

I think it would be more remarkable if I believed anything you said on the subject especially when you fail to provide any evidence of it.

Ironically it was you who offered the (un-named) Select Committee report as 'proof' to back up your claims, so do you believe anything the last government says or not and if so when can I start laughing at you?

Not sure where you're getting these figures from, the link you posted says the highest rate of unemployment amongst non white ethnic groups is 20% for Pakistani women, which by deduction means 80% aren't. [/i]

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=462

Select Commitee on Economic Affairs House of Lords. 2007-8

This is rare...Another thread on asylum seekers :/

Exactly.

Another thread where we are having to give in and admit that our borders are a joke and we are having to let the people that we cant keep out and track of become citizens.

No wonder everyone heads to the UK, keep your head down long enough and you pop up to a British passport.

Until we grow some gonads like the Aussies we are going to be doing this until we are falling into the sea.

Exactly.

Another thread where we are having to give in and admit that our borders are a joke and we are having to let the people that we cant keep out and track of become citizens.

No wonder everyone heads to the UK, keep your head down long enough and you pop up to a British passport.

Until we grow some gonads like the Aussies we are going to be doing this until we are falling into the sea.

..did you get so far as to read Mecky's post?

Bigotry, racism and ignorance is rife in this subject. There is no such amnesty.

It's BS, just media hype trying to influence public opinion of for whatever reason. It's true that the UKBA are understaffed and underfunded and that the 30% reduction hitting the workforce is not going to help matters.

To prove a point, these people are not given leave to remain they are given discretionary leave which is non-settlement immigration category, although they may gain settlement after 10 years of legal stay or 14 years of illegal stay but most will have been repatriated before then.

Yes its all hype thats moving into a street near you :D

I swear half of you lot on here cant live in Sheffield, are blind or walk around with your eyes closed.

Or maybe your just well off enough to live on the outskirts of it all and not have to wake up to eastern Europeans in your gardens taking what they wish ?

Even the immigrants have had enough of the immigrants.

Yes its all hype thats moving into a street near you :D

I swear half of you lot on here cant live in Sheffield, are blind or walk around with your eyes closed.

Or maybe your just well off enough to live on the outskirts of it all and not have to wake up to eastern Europeans in your gardens taking what they wish ?

Even the immigrants have had enough of the immigrants.

Or maybe because of life experiences we don't consider anything beyond the end of our street as an alien environment?

If you find yourself competing and living around people you don't like why are you still doing it? Presumably you were the beneficiary of a free education, that's a fairly guaranteed route to self improvement-many of the immigrants you moan about have done just that and moved away from you..to the outskirts of Sheffield, I'm sure they wouldn't object if you joined them.

You're quite right though, I wouldnt want to wake up routinely and find people taking what they wanted from my garden, whatever colour/race they were-immigrants don't have an exclusive on anti social behaviour, there are many areas of Sheffield that are untainted by immigrants but still besieged by criminality (and always have been) and I wouldn't want to live there either but would do something about removing myself and family if I did.

I think it would be more remarkable if I believed anything you said on the subject especially when you fail to provide any evidence of it.

Ironically it was you who offered the (un-named) Select Committee report as 'proof' to back up your claims, so do you believe anything the last government says or not and if so when can I start laughing at you?

I gather you can't find it and have the monk on :hihi:

Archived