Asylum seekers given amnesty

I'm not about to quote anything as I firmly believe statistics are twisted to suit. I know what I see with my own eyes.

What do you see with your own eyes, and is it any more or less valuable than what someone sees who lives in say Harrogate or Cumbria, or deepest Cornwall?

What's that got to do with the price of fish ricgem?
its got nothing to do with fish bf unless your refering to this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1560000/MP-blames-Poles-over-falling-fish-stocks.html :hihi::hihi::hihi: i watched that programme other night and it was horrible what they would do to get here and yes i felt sick about their struggle but what do we do keep on taking them in ? how many?for how long?

seeing as the whole thing comes to resources and money, it makes more sense to let them all stay and get them paying taxes, then clean up the system and start over.

They’ve been handing papers out left right and centre for close to 18 months now. And rightly so. The country just can't afford to do all that's needed to do to clear the backlog any other way.

its got nothing to do with fish bf unless your refering to this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1560000/MP-blames-Poles-over-falling-fish-stocks.html :hihi::hihi::hihi: i watched that programme other night and it was horrible what they would do to get here and yes i felt sick about their struggle but what do we do keep on taking them in ? how many?for how long?

We're talking about immigrants, the legally resided ones ricgem, not asylum seekers, refugees are a tiny proportion of that number.

If you break the law knowingly and you get caught, you may well end up in a deal of trouble.

If you break the law and you claim that you didn't know that your action was illegal, that's no defence - it's up to you to know what the law is.

But (IMO) it's incumbent upon those who make (and enforce) the laws to ensure that (a) the laws are readily available and (b) the laws are easy to understand.

I watched the (Panorama?) programme a ferw days ago about illegal immigrants from Africa and Afghanistan.

If the UK is going to tighten its immigration rules, then perhaps that tightening of the rules should be implemented at source. The following might help:

For financial immigrants (those not fleeing imminent persecution) :

1. If there is a British Consulate (or British Imbecile) in your country and you wish to be considered as an immigrant to the UK, you MUST obtain an immigration visa before you leave. If you don't, you are an illegal immigrant and will be sent back.

2. If you managed to enter the country illegally, stayed here for some time and failed to claim asylum immediately on entry, your claim will fail and you will be sent back.

3. If you managed to enter the country illegally, stayed here for some time, failed to claim asylum immediately on entry and now wish to apply to have your family, friends and family, their friends and family (or whoever) join you, then they will not be allowed to do so and you will be sent back. (What sort of person who feels he is at risk abandons his family and leaves them to face that same risk?)

4. In the case of Afghanistan (or any other country where British troops are risking their lives - and dying - to 'free' that country) all male immigrants 'of military age' (aged between 17 and 38 ) will be denied entry to the UK and returned to their own country. - Perhaps for every one sent back to defend his own country, we could bring back a British soldier?

Many of the people in that documentary seemed to be unaware that what they were doing was illegal and seemed to have little idea about life in the UK. Some were quite plainly in it for what they (thought) they could get. "If I go to England, they will give me somewhere to live, feed me (and give me money.)"

Why the hell should they?

None of them seemed to have been aware that if things went wrong, they would be abused by the people traffickers. Some of them had had terrible experiences and many couldn't afford to go home. Perhaps the British (and other en-route) governments should step in and send them home.

The people traffickers - when caught - should be given impressive prison sentences - preferably in their home country. Prison may not be a deterrent, but warehousing works. 50 years sounds reasonable.

Greece gives them a 30-day visa. (That should be long enough for you to get to Italy.)

Greece should send them straight back. The rest of the EU could chip in and pay - It would be cheaper in the long run.

None of them seemed to have been aware that if things went wrong, they would be abused by the people traffickers. Some of them had had terrible experiences and many couldn't afford to go home. Perhaps the British (and other en-route) governments should step in and send them home.

The people traffickers - when caught - should be given impressive prison sentences - preferably in their home country. Prison may not be a deterrent, but warehousing works. 50 years sounds reasonable.

Greece gives them a 30-day visa. (That should be long enough for you to get to Italy.)

Greece should send them straight back. The rest of the EU could chip in and pay - It would be cheaper in the long run.

I watched the same program and what I was immediately aware of was just how easy we make it for the vermin who prey on the refugees, but lets start with your arguments.

1. Not everybody is in a position to tell the truth BEFORE they arrive in the UK, some people are well aware that if the state they are from gets even a whiff that they will attempt to apply for Asylum will 'disappear' them before they get the chance to get on a plane.

2. How do you send somebody home who has no papers? Bearing in mind the upheaval of the country of origin of a lot of these refugees how are you going to prove where they came from? Why do you think the French release so many of the refugees trying to get in the UK? Why should they spend the time, money and effort to find the country of origin of somebody who is trying to get out of France? Sound familiar Greece? Spain?

3. I totally agree with you regarding trafficers, but like drug smugglers there will always be somebody there to replace the latest group of scum. We can, and should be, prosecuting the smugglers who operate inside the EU but what abput the ones operating outside the UK?

Perhaps we should undercut the smugglers? If you want to work in the UK you pay £2000 or maybe more for a 'work' visa, you then have x days to find employment in the UK, if not your visa is nulled. You pay taxes, including an immigration tax, which is used to fund Assylum applications and support. Your visa makes you inelligable for benefits from the UK system. If you have maintained paid employment for 10 years you are entitled to apply for UK citizenship. If you claim Asylum, are found to have entered the UK illegally or are found to be working illegally you are not elligable for the 'work' visa for twenty years.

Archived