Asylum seekers given amnesty

I went down wellgate rotherham last year and didnt hear one person speaking english do you want your children growing up in such an atmosphere i dont english values.
Well that's hardly surprising, someone from the leafier suburbs of Sheffield would struggle to understand the indigenous he might encounter on Wellgate :hihi:

Incidentally Rotherham is hardly the centre of the known universe, have you ever visited or lived elsewhere?

You'd be surprised that in the majority of the UK you wouldn't encounter foreigners who were unable to speak English. In fact in some areas you'd do well to encounter foreigners at all.

In the matter of 'us' and 'our boys' fighting 'over there' to 'free them and give them a better quality of life';

Be that as it may be, or not, it's 'our' bombs falling, our guns blazing and their houses schools and all burning. We can't just say 'you're of age so stay there and fight'. It wouldn't work here, so why should we force it on them. It’s not easy picking up arms against someone who was your neighbour a month ago. Fleeing is sometimes the only real option.

If we feel we have 'the moral responsibility' to go in and start a war then it's also our responsibility to fight only 'the enemy' and help 'friends'.

As for the economic immigrants, yes, if someone here can do the job then we don't need more coming. Common sense.

Very wise post Kaimani. I think the other issue is one of perception. There's a tendency to associate all immigrants with refugees, so the belief is that most foreigners that come here are fleeing some kind of persecution and therefore in need of financial and social assistance.

Of course the reality is refugees make up a very small number of the total, I think the last time I looked the number of approvals was about 6000 for that year, so it's hardly in epidemic proportions.

Actually no it doesn't help since the statistics quoted are intended to deceive, this is what they say:

4 The Committee’s report also noted that:

Immigrants comprised around 12 per cent of the UK’s total workforce

The employment rate of immigrants, at 68 per cent, was lower than that of UK-born people (75 per cent)

The first clue that they're trying to put a negative spin on things is if you look at the figure for UK born people, which is 75% and we know there isn't 25% unemployment (it's currently 7.6% http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=z9a8a3sje0h8ii_&met_y=unemployment_rate&idim=eu_country:GB&dl=en&hl=en&q=current+unemployment+rate), so what they're actually doing isn't looking at people who are unemployed but people who are in work-there's a subtle difference, since there are many people who don't work through choice-the obvious and largest being parents who don't work in order to look after their children, this is prevalent in some immigrant communities particularly the Pakistani one, but these women are supported by their working husbands, just as non working mothers are in the non immigrant communities.

Well that's hardly surprising, someone from the leafier suburbs of Sheffield would struggle to understand the indigenous he might encounter on Wellgate :hihi:

Incidentally Rotherham is hardly the centre of the known universe, have you ever visited or lived elsewhere?

You'd be surprised that in the majority of the UK you wouldn't encounter foreigners who were unable to speak English. In fact in some areas you'd do well to encounter foreigners at all.

yes I have worked in germany, spain, saudi, thailand, southern ireland each for a year holidays in america, koss, africa, belgium, france, love travelling loved working abroad.

Archived