Get your Yorkshire Water freebies on Saturday

that will help you save water & money

You mean help save you money?

If the water rates remain the same and we use less water, then your costs go down, profits go up and the dividends to your shareholders rise.

Nice try! :roll:

John x

But that only applies to people who have their water metered. I could save plenty if the water rates were reduced for single person consumption, a bit like council tax is.

Then get a meter fitted! :huh:I had previously lived at a new house with a meter and Severn Trent charge slightly different to YW. I moved to a YW area and had a meter fitted. We are very heavy users as we have a hot tub, an acre of garden and lots of animals (including ducks that need their pond cleaned daily). As our property is large we still saved money on a meter rather than the old rates system. I also examined my bill and realised we were being charged for surface water drainage but I proved this went into a soakaway on our own land. Someone from YW came out so I could prove this to them and now this has been removed from our bill.

Then get a meter fitted! :huh:

Its not always possible to have a meter and I'm not sure if I could have one yet.

I live in a Council flat and fitting a meter is difficult as the water riser is next to the toilet. Acording to Yorkshire Water some extra work may be needed to relocate part of the supply in order to fit one and from what I can gather that work may need paying for. I am applying for permission from SCC which is needed first and when that's decided Yorks Water will come round and assess the work.

At the moment no decisions have yet been made.

Its not always possible to have a meter and I'm not sure if I could have one yet.

I live in a Council flat and fitting a meter is difficult as the water riser is next to the toilet. Acording to Yorkshire Water some extra work may be needed to relocate part of the supply in order to fit one and from what I can gather that work may need paying for. I am applying for permission from SCC which is needed first and when that's decided Yorks Water will come round and assess the work.

At the moment no decisions have yet been made.

I can understand it may be more difficult in rented accomodation. It was 11 years ago when I had mine done and the rules were about to change but they could have changed again by now. I could have my meter fitted outside or inside but a few months later and I would have had to have it fitted inside. I can't remember where the meter was in my last (new build) house.

If you live in a council flat I can't imagine the rates and therefore the water being expensive anyway. How much do you pay for your water? I think our annexe is band C but my parents are away a lot so a meter is much cheaper for them.

I can imagine the type of idiots who work for Yorkshire Water in these non jobs, creating such tripe. How much does this all cost the company, reflected in our bills? How many media graduates does the company employ sharing such stupid ideas through PowerPoint?

Cobblers to you all.

Have you followed the link?This is a cut &paste from the website,is the name a coincidence? :suspect:

by: mrs t,hirst , leeds

this is a great offer that can help me save lots of money

We'd like to thank all the people who came to see us on Saturday, the event was really successful.

We have noticed a couple of comments from people regarding leaks - we take leakage very seriously & are currently investing £33 million throughout the region to help tackle this. The investment will see us take steps to improve the robustness of our pipe network and help reduce leakage.

http://www.yorkshirewater.com/your-water-services/local-improvements/tackling-leakage.aspx

If you live in a council flat I can't imagine the rates and therefore the water being expensive anyway. How much do you pay for your water? I think our annexe is band C but my parents are away a lot so a meter is much cheaper for them.

The current charge is £8.46 PW and that's even though I'm single, one of the reasons I said a 25% reduction should be given in line with council tax rates.

The current charge is £8.46 PW and that's even though I'm single, one of the reasons I said a 25% reduction should be given in line with council tax rates.

You pay £8.46/week for your water rates? What band is the flat?