Get your Yorkshire Water freebies on Saturday

Are you quoting me your c tax or your water rates? It seems a tad high to me for water rates but I could be out of touch now. I was in band H 11 years ago and my water bill was something like £700/year if I remember right.

Are you quoting me your c tax or your water rates? It seems a tad high to me for water rates but I could be out of touch now. I was in band H 11 years ago and my water bill was something like £700/year if I remember right.

I'm quoting you the actual water charges of £8.46 PW for council tax band A property, last years Council Tax was £983.49 before discount.

We are metered but my last two quarterly bills were estimates, I've just checked. We have been metered for 11 years so I can't imagine they would be too far out. We are very heavy users, about the same as heavy usage for a family of four according to Yorkshire Waters figures. I did have a chart on number of people in house against meters cubed of water used for low, average and high usage.

We don't have to pay for surface water drainage but I can't see that being in a flat you have much, if any, land to drain anyway. Our bill is about £50 per quarter which works out about £3.85 per week. My parents live in Spain about a third of the year and their water bill is less than £20 per quarter being on a meter. A lot of people moan about being on meters without investigating the charges.

Severn Trent and Yorkshire Water do charge slightly differently. YW were cheaper than ST 11 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived