What is beauty?

Can we explain what beauty is? Is it all subjective, or can it be absolutely objective? Does it grow? Does it shrink? Does it live and die?

Is it in the eye of the beholder, or can we all agree on types of aesthetic judgement?

I don't want any soppy answers like ``My Mrs`` or ``Me Kids`` either. ;)

In terms of people and animals it is those that look as healthy as possible to ensure that we try and stay healthy and to be attracted to those with the best genes because they are healthy, symmetry is part of that.

Pure instinct makes me want to mate with Penelope Cruz but not with those women in Rotherham who shoved burgers through the school fence.

In terms of people and animals it is those that look as healthy as possible to ensure that we try and stay healthy and to be attracted to those with the best genes because they are healthy, symmetry is part of that.

Pure instinct makes me want to mate with Penelope Cruz but not with those women in Rotherham who shoved burgers through the school fence.

Don't you think there is a kind of post-modern beauty to the almost sublime Nihilism of their actions?

Beauty is a reaction to the balance between compostional forms like movement, unity, harmony, variety, balance, emphasis, contrast, proportion, and pattern and how they interact with the ideas the work is dealing with whether that be in the field of music or visual arts.

If you go by most fashion magazines female beauty consists of, large eyes (albeit with make-up) flattish noses, chiselled chins, full faces using blusher to show good bone structure, and billowing long hair or close to the face short hair - then a body which is ultra slim and leggy with toned arms and a defined waist.

edited to say I forgot extra large lips

Archived