Thinking of moving to Rotherham!!

Not happy with east dene having such a bad rep on this thread. I lived there for a large part of my life (22 years out of 27) and it's really not that bad. Especially compared with some other areas that have been given the OK, like Rawmarsh, Swinton, Mexborough, East Herringthorpe. :-(

not one person has mentioned Ravenfield or Old Ravenfield very very nice area well worth a look.alot of the "nice" areas menthioned are full of ten bob millionaires so be carefull..letwell,guildingwells,harthill and thorpe salvin are also nice areas in Rotherham....

moved to bramley next door to wickersley 8years ago from north sheffield. best move we ever made. nice schools, never had a problem with crime, my insurance actually went down. cheaper council tax and more house for your money.only regret is i wished i had moved here years ago.

used to live in maltby when i was little. It was a lovely place to grow up. Heard a while back it had gone down hill but the people i know that still live there dont seem to complain much about trouble.

We moved the opposite way from Bramley (13 years there) to Hillsborough 6 years ago. I would say it was a bit better than average, but not particularly 'upmarket' being right next to Sunnyside. We had a lovely home, but we needed two cars just to get to work, we both worked in Sheffield but at different times. The lack of public transport was one factor for us.

I would suggest Moorgate, Wickersley and Whiston as better areas. Wentworth is also in Rotherham, and is beautiful. Parts of Greasborough and Wath are ok too.

Archived