Thinking of moving to Rotherham!!

It's alright quoting bad areas in Sheffield and bad areas in rotherham. Of course, they're everywhere!!

The feel of Rotherham is one of a forgotten place. The centre is shocking, and to me, as I have said, the people are all the same.

Sheffield has a nice feel to it, with a mix of international students and some lovely places. Rotherham is one of those places that is often quoted negatively- such as a place know for lots of obese people, tons of teenage pregnancies etc.

Lack of education put simply.

Rotherham's reason for being was to house steelworkers and coalminers, since both became extinct it has not been able to re-invent itself. Meadowhell all but finished off the town centre, and it has failed miserably in attracting commercial investment.

The better districts will no doubt keep up appearances, whilst the lesser ones will get worse, I know that it's not fair, but when has life ever been fair? :(

Isn't Rotherham only about 5 miles from sheffield city center ? you could walk to it, what the big difference :confused:

If people got their heads together then Rotherham (and a number of other places) would be in “greater Sheffield”, if Manchester and London can do it why not Sheffield.

We have Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield 20+ miles away but yet people just down the road are separated by a line just after Tinsley roundabout.

Hi

I work on the hellaby industrial estate and live on the woodlaithes estate as you get alot for your money. It really is a question of budget and what you are hoping to achieve for it. Wickersley comprehensive is the best in Rotherham and therefore people try to live within the catchment area Wickersley,Bramley and Sunnyside (Woodlaithes). I really wouldn't recommend Hellaby as it's Maltby catchment and whilst schools may not be a priory for you it might effect the saleability of your house if you chose to move it in the future.

Hope that helps

Thinking of moving to Rotherham ??

Now, look here, we all feel down, depressed and even desperate at times-----but there is no need for you to go to extreme measures. Have you tried counselling ? Emigrating ? Joining the Lib-Dems ?

Remember, WE, at SF are here for you and our thoughts go out to you in your hour of tragedy.

Years ago, I had a cousin who lived in Paris but after a personal upset, he hoofed it to Thurnscoe. He then became a broken and bitter man. PLEASE, don 't make the same mistake.

Have you thought of trying of Neepsend, by any chance ?

Funny that really, consdering when I was a wee laddy, Wickersley was one of the roughest schools around Rotherham. How times change!! :hihi:

Crikey how old are you?!:o:D I was at comp school late '70s to early '80s and Wickersley school wasn't considered rough back then. The only schools that stick in my mind as having reputations were Maltby and Tinsley.

ive lived in rotherham 55yrs over the yrs its gone from a booming industrial town to as many of sf members said a **** hole I was born on mooregate nice area. later on a estate was built behind rotherham general hospital dont know the name supposed to be nice queens i think try their . when i left school i bought a hold council house on eastwood lived their ten year then it started stinging of curry moved to broom valley 2yrs the stench crept its way up there. moved to a village west of rotherham never had any trouble. anyway sony yes your right town centre is a dump and those fat ignorant chavs you see walking round it or poles, liths,russian,balkans, modeveans, the list goes on

Archived