Thinking of moving to Rotherham!!

i agree with some aspects of cleanups opinion, iv lived in rotherhasm 75 years change is ineveratable unfortunatly not all for the better i am ashamed to say im afraid to go into the centre and have all of my shopping delivered now. back on to the origonal thread iv lived in blackburn 40 yrs quiet and clean a small village 10 min walk from medowhall exuce me spelling cant find my reading glasses

I used to live in Whiston, not in the little bit of old village that remains but a private semi close to Worrygoose and we had nothing but trouble, even having our kids Halloween decorations stolen. I would estimate 70% of Whiston is council housing or whatever it's called these days and there's always trouble believe me. You will be better at Wickersley/Bramley/Flanderwell and much nearer to your work.

I used to live in Whiston, not in the little bit of old village that remains but a private semi close to Worrygoose and we had nothing but trouble, even having our kids Halloween decorations stolen. I would estimate 70% of Whiston is council housing or whatever it's called these days and there's always trouble believe me. You will be better at Wickersley/Bramley/Flanderwell and much nearer to your work.

I also lived near Worrygoose - The Grange Estate tbp and never had one bit of trouble in the 18 months i was there and my ex was there for 7 years and again never had any trouble whatsoever. Maybe you were just unlucky.

As for the council houses and honestly dont know where you mean - I thought the majority of houses near Worrygoose roundabout were privately owned or rented.

Thinking of moving to Rotherham ??

Now, look here, we all feel down, depressed and even desperate at times-----but there is no need for you to go to extreme measures. Have you tried counselling ? Emigrating ? Joining the Lib-Dems ?

Remember, WE, at SF are here for you and our thoughts go out to you in your hour of tragedy.

Years ago, I had a cousin who lived in Paris but after a personal upset, he hoofed it to Thurnscoe. He then became a broken and bitter man. PLEASE, don 't make the same mistake.

Have you thought of trying of Neepsend, by any chance ?

Every town has bad places to live - Thurnscoe is a little run down in places but look at Wath considered a posh area and it as the white bear estate....which can be rough to say the least....its just a case of searching for the right area that suits you and your budget. Its like saying i wouldnt move to Sheffield because of the manor....istn it ?

I think 70% council houses is a bit of an over estimation but there are council houses in Whiston as I used to live there late 80s early 90s. There is the estate that was built in the mid 70s, can't remember the name but its on the edge of Whiston as you come from Wickersley the back way through Royds Moor. There is also a few streets of council houses from the old village up towards the top end of Cotswold Crescent (which isn't council).

I liked Whiston but moved out in 1992. I do know people who live there and don't have any problems.

Lived most of my life in Rotherham, so if you have any specific questions

TOP AREAS: Whiston, wickersley, breaks, and some parts of kimberworth (not kimberworth park) are all VERY VERY nice areas. But can be pricey.

MEDIUM AREAS:

Rest of kimberworth areas (not kimberworth park)

Clifton

Thrybergh (not the council house parts)

Herringthorpe

Broom (used to be a top area but is mainly black people now and looks run down a bit)

Certain parts of maltby

Catcliffe (lovely new houses at the bottom but prone to flooding)

BAD AREAS:

Holmes/ferham

Kimberworth park

East dene (be careful an estate agent doesnt try to sell you a house as clifton)

East wood

East herringthorpe

Dalton

Rawmarsh

Brinsworth

Those are just from the top of my head, obviously there are lots more areas. If i think of anymore or you have a question about an area let me know. My family and friend live in good, medium and bad areas.

Hope that helps.

depends which part of brinsworth

Rotherham is one of the most souless and depressing places in the world. It's when you've done a bit of travelling over the world that you notice that.

The people are by and large rough, overweight and not very bright.

This statement I'm sure will upset a few people but at the end of the day it's the truth. My girfriend's parents moved there 6 years ago because it was cheaper. Wickersley. Utterly souless- house after house looks the same, cramped and ugly.

Hate the place.

well after your quote sony i thought i would go up to the middle sheff were i havent been for 10 yrs your right no obesity their no ignorant people. Have you got a white stick and a golden labrador good drink in the banker's draft get a life pal

Greystones estate at Whiston is awful, the old bit of Whiston is fantastic. Why they have to build these estates and fill them full of scrotes is beyond me. Grange estate is fairly good, but not as sought after as the Duke of Norfolk.

Wickersley is good, but avoid the trees estate on the left of the dual carriageway heading towards Maltby. Avoid Sunnyside, and personally I'd give Woodlaithes a swerve, although its a fairly new estate, and always has plenty for sale on there. Its like anywhere though, if you look closely enough you'll find a ****hole not too far away.

What's Hellaby like? My work's moving to an Industrial estate there in September..

hi hellaby is ok my works moved there last november and one or two of my colleagues live there and around the area also bramleyand ravenfield or verynice areas also and only a few minutes away from hellaby, hope this was some help, jean::thumbsup:

not one person has mentioned Ravenfield or Old Ravenfield very very nice area well worth a look.alot of the "nice" areas menthioned are full of ten bob millionaires so be carefull..letwell,guildingwells,harthill and thorpe salvin are also nice areas in Rotherham....

ive mentioned it and said its nice, :)

Archived