Thinking of moving to Rotherham!!

Rotherham is one of the most souless and depressing places in the world. It's when you've done a bit of travelling over the world that you notice that.

The people are by and large rough, overweight and not very bright.

This statement I'm sure will upset a few people but at the end of the day it's the truth. My girfriend's parents moved there 6 years ago because it was cheaper. Wickersley. Utterly souless- house after house looks the same, cramped and ugly.

Hate the place.

so i take it youdont like rotherham then eh?:rant:

Lived most of my life in Rotherham, so if you have any specific questions

BAD AREAS:

Brinsworth

Those are just from the top of my head, obviously there are lots more areas. If i think of anymore or you have a question about an area let me know. My family and friend live in good, medium and bad areas.

Hope that helps.

Unless you are on about Duncan and Ellis street i would suggest you are completely wrong. 2 streets do not make an estate. I've been here 8 years now and lived in 2 different parts of Brinsworth, love it.

Unless you are on about Duncan and Ellis street i would suggest you are completely wrong. 2 streets do not make an estate. I've been here 8 years now and lived in 2 different parts of Brinsworth, love it.

I must admit I'm confused why Brinsworth is getting bad press. I lived there 1969 to 1983 and it was nice back then. A lot of my old school friends stayed in the area and have never given me the impression it has gone down hill. Duncan and Ellis street were a bit ropey but were done up mid to late 70s. They may not look too pretty but I knew some nice decent people who lived on those streets.

and hillsborough is such a lovely place

didn't say it was.... it's not really a matter of choice for me.... just good transport links i.e- tram.... if someone is making the choice to move to Rotherham or not.... I would say no..... it's not very nice... at all.

didn't say it was.... it's not really a matter of choice for me.... just good transport links i.e- tram.... if someone is making the choice to move to Rotherham or not.... I would say no..... it's not very nice... at all.

i live in the scholes/wentworth/thorpe area got to agree not very nice areas of rotherham

Archived